IV

Anastasia walked around the different living areas with tons of people who could be her target. She sees Mitch and they stare at each other before she takes a right, going towards a person who looked like her target, from what she could tell from the back of their head. She heard a gunshot go off, immediately snapping out of the trance she was in, speed walking towards the noise.

She saw Mitch shoot a pregnant woman repeatedly, Stan running in as the women began to scream, along with Victor. She looked at Mitch, she would never admit it but the things she thought about him when he was focused would make any person worried about her sexual fantasies.

"Hey, hey! Stop." Stan yelled, Mitch lowered his weapon quickly, turning to face Stan. "Goddamnit you have to stay under control." Stan shouted, "dickhead!" the women spat at Mitch. "Asshole doesn't know when to quit." Victor says, earning a scoff from Ana as Victor constantly feels the need to put his two sense into everything. "Are you kidding me? I just saved your ass." Mitch fired back, knowing he was right.

"Youve got to know when the mission has been accomplished, Rapp." He turns to Victor to finish his sentence, the pregnant woman taking out her stuffed belly. "Never assume your target is the only target. The enemy trust like a deer and he kills like a lion, and that's what we have to do. We just have to do it better." Stan explains, using his inspirational voice. Ana walked over to the two boys, standing behind Victor. "You're an asshole." The women pointed her gun at Mitch before walking off.

__

"You wanted to see me, sir?" Anastasia asked, walking into the same room she was in a few days before that changed her perspective on so many things. Mitch's shoulders were more tense than usual, he was staring into the wooden floor, she had no idea what was on his mind, but she knew it wasn't anything good. She could tell by the way he looked so lost looking into the ground. Victor came into the door pushing past her, she scoffed as Victor's arm shoved her shoulder as he pushed through.

"You three are being shipped out, we're leaving at five." Mitch didn't lift his head; he didn't seem phased by any of this. Victor had a look of confidence on his face, Ana could read him and knew it was bullshit, she knew Victor would shit his pants the second they're on a real mission. "See you at four thirty." Mitch said, hitting Victor with his shoulder on his way out. "Why does he always have a stick up his ass?" Victor scoffed. "See you at four thirty, sir." Anastasia ignored Victor's comment, turning around and walking the same way she came from, she saw Mitch freeze and take a deep breath as he opened the door.

She saw Victor close the door; she assumed Stan wanted to talk to Victor alone. "Mitch?" She asked, walking towards him, he turned his head before walking out the front door, not bothering to close the door behind him. "Mitch." She said again, making Mitch stop in his tracks as he was walking down the small staircase.

He didn't turn to face her, "what?" He said, an annoyed attitude in his voice. "Are you okay?" She asked him, not stopping but walking besides him, he took that as a sign to continue walking besides Anastasia. "What do you care?" He spat, meaning every word that came out his mouth. "Because I know what you're feeling." She said, trying to comfort Mitch. "Did he give you the 'never make it personal talk' before we came in?" She asked, assuming she was right by the way his face softened.

"Yes. How do you know?" He said, returning his voice to its normal tone. "Because so did I, before you. He said some vile shit, it fucks with your head, Mitch, but he's right." She explained, they walked side by side down the trail. His shoulders relaxing as he kept his eyes on the ground. "What happened to you?" He asked.

She took a deep breath, knowing if we will be working together, she has to trust him. "My family was killed in a bombing attack. I was in college, and I didn't even know what happened until a week after. He showed me a video from a camera outside a store." She said, getting the weight off her chest. He stopped looking at the ground, not knowing what to say. "How long ago did you lose them?" He asked. "Seven months ago." She admitted, remembering the exact date they had passed.

Mitch took the same deep breath Ana had taken before she admitted everything. "My girlfriend was shot in killed after I proposed to her. They killed almost everybody there, including her. I watched her die. I couldn't save her. I got shot three times." He explained, showing the gunshot wound on his leg, shoulder and on his back.

"Mitch, you know it's not your fault, right? You can't save everyone. It wasn't a fair fight." She told him, comforting him with words others have told her, but she had trouble believing because they've never been through the loss. He didn't respond to it. "My parents died in a car crash when I was fourteen as well." Mitch admitted.

"They'd be proud of you." She spoke. "Thank you, Ana. I know they would be proud of you too." He said, bringing out the nicer side of him. "Thank you, Mitch, really. We're in this together. I promise." She squeezed his forearm. He opened the door to the cabin for her, letting her enter. It was only the two of them, assuming the other men who didn't get accepted had been kicked out.

She walked to her cot, grabbing the same duffle bag she had and grabbing the folded clothes she had ready for the next day, taking off her sweater, leaving her in a bra. She felt eyes on her, but she stayed focused on the long sleeve black shirt she was putting on, already having jeans on. She slipped it on, immediately going back to packing up her things, after she slipped her shirt on, she heard Mitch start to do the same. There was tension in the air, not sexual or anything romantic. It was two people's tension who had just admit their trauma to complete strangers, now they were assassins together.