Chap 17

The cigarette was lighted for a short time in the wind, releasing a faint fragrance. The man was smoking quietly holding a cigarette, his eyes were dark, his face was both happy and scared, Saifah smiled as he looked at him.

"You're not joking are you?" For the second time since speaking, Nam emphasized this issue.

"I'm not kidding, now that house is preparing to hire workers, so I was thinking of you."

Saifah looked at the Chao Phraya river ahead of him, now completely covered in darkness. However, the cool breeze made a busy person like him much more comfortable. Although the new job is considered to be taking care of Mrs. Ging, it is the lightest job he has ever done, the job content is simple, the income is high, and he can live in a large house full of amenities that. For the first time, he began to dream about the future, and perhaps he would pay off his debt very quickly, and then be able to live the life he wanted.

"I want you to try applying for that position."

Because he has a very good relationship with Nam, like the only friend in his life who has accompanied him through life's difficulties. When we met in the previous debt repayment, he did not tell Nam about the work he was doing recently, but heard from Nam that he did not want to work in a debt collection gang anymore, wanted to go to a job where he could see the sun. So, as soon as he heard Mr. Gong and Mrs. Ging talking about hiring a long-term driver for Mr. Gong, he immediately informed Nam.

"That family has a very good heart, does not flaunt their wealth or look down on the poor."

"I don't care. People like me are used to being discriminated against."

"This time you can start over. No one will look down on you again."

''Do you really think someone like me can get out of the gang and get a good job?''

'' It depends on whether you really want to leave the gang or not." Saifah feels that no one wants to be the bad guy forever, but many times they lack the opportunity to rebuild their lives.

"That....I'm going to apply tomorrow."

"You must go. I promise, your life will be much better than before."

Saifah patted his friend's shoulder to encourage him. But like Nam's life, people like them don't have many choices, but they still have dreams and hopes to stay away from the present life.

So the next afternoon, Nam pulled out the best clothes he could and put on, getting ready to go to Mr. Gong to apply, without telling anyone or pretending to know him Saifah. Because Saifah said he didn't want Nam to be seen as having an affair, because he knew the family's temperament very well, which would make Mr. Gong have a bad impression of Nam. In the new driver recruitment test, Mr. Gong did not consider the applicant's educational background, but focused only on their driving skills. Nam took a test drive from home to work, took almost two hours, then drove around the big house again.

"If it's convenient, you can start working tomorrow." After Mr. Gong and Nam got off the car, he told him.

" What's that?"

"I agree to let you work here. The agreed monthly salary is 20,000 baht."

"Thank you boss. I will do my best to work." Nam repeatedly thanked Mr. Gong.

"As for the workers' accommodation, I'll ask Saifah to show you later."

Whether it was his driving skills, manners and initiative at work, Nam left a deep impression on Mr. Gong. He waved to Saifah, then asked him to introduce the different jobs in the house to Nam.