Chap 23

The two brothers were separated by iron bars, although they were only a few centimeters apart, but they knew very well that they were now in two different worlds. The prison visit rule is that you can only visit once a day, only 40 minutes at a time. And Sailom had spent nearly twenty minutes asking about Saifah's situation, but his current situation could not be called "good" anyway. His face was noticeably thinner, his dark eyes looked like he lacked sleep. But the other party still gave him a faint smile, as if what happened wasn't hard to deal with.

"I'm making money, to hire a lawyer to help you." Sailom wanted to give his brother peace of mind, because he never thought of abandoning him, but always tried to find ways to help him.

"Don't...you just keep that money. You'll be going to college soon, then you'll need more money." But Saifah disagreed.

"Never mind that. It's more important to help you now."

"I've confessed to my own crimes. It's no use calling a lawyer, I'll end up in jail anyway."

"Saifah, you and I are brothers, how can I not tell if you are telling the truth or lying?"

"But now everyone thinks so...you should think so too."

"Why don't you tell the truth, what are you hiding and covering for others?

"Try to live a better life, focus on studying and study well like you always do."

"You want me to live well while my brother lives in this state?"

"So from now on...you don't have to visit me anymore. You shouldn't go to places like this that often either."

Sailom stared at Saifah in annoyance. He didn't care what he said, and purposely mentioned something else, as if avoiding answering his question. He felt offended by his attempt to help Saifah, he looked towards him filled with resentment. Although he and Nabdao are thinking of ways to help him, he himself chooses to stay and continue to shoulder the crime.

"Even if you don't commit a crime, will you accept responsibility?"

Saifah remained silent as before, but this time Sailom no longer had the patience to listen, he got up and left angrily. Actually, as long as Saifah could talk about what happened that day, he might find some chance to get him out, but right now it's like Sailom is trying to paddle through the water on his own, everything i do is a waste of effort, and has no effect.

But in the end, despite all the ups and downs, Sailom chose to keep doing it....

After Sailom decided to dedicate himself to work full time, he returned to work at the garage. Starting from helping to open the door, until finishing handling the last customer's car at 8pm. But actually, after cleaning the shop, it was already 10 pm. Although the income from working in the garage couldn't be compared to that of a waiter, but maybe he might encounter customers like last time, Sailom didn't want to take the risk. Once he asked the manager to apply for a job here. Considering his luck is still good, the manager is looking for a new employee to replace the newly resigned employee, anyway, earning a little money is better than not having a dime.

After thinking optimistically for a while, his feet moved towards the bus stop sign. In such a dark night, there was no one else waiting for the bus except him, and as the night progressed, fewer and fewer buses passed by. His black eyes pierced the darkness toward the middle of the road, trying to see if the bus he was about to take was in sight. But at this moment, a motorbike suddenly flew from the road.

"SAILOM!"

PANG!

Without waiting for Sailom to recover, a voice called his name, followed by a familiar voice, making him shiver in fear. His survival instinct pushed him to run away and find a place to hide.