Part 8: preening 🦜

Sorry if a few bits are bad. I am writing this after doing swimming 4times 2days and 2 night. Within 10 hour of each other. (That's very old-)

" Your wings seem very dull" scar pointed out in the car. Grian stayed silent. Which confused and concerned scar. Grian was a pretty talkative guy, to him at lest. And For the rest of the car trip Grian and scar did not talk. They only listened to music.

— scars home' — Scars 3rd person' —

Once Grian put his stuff in scars room then he talked.

"Scar." He said.

"Hmm?" Scar replied.

"Can I teach you how to preen my wings?" Grian asked. Scar nodded. He was excited to feel what Grian's wings felt like. But he knows wings are fragile, and easy broken. After they sat down, face to face. Grian started teaching scar the basics. Mainly how to preen each set of feathers.

 He also told him that most times it takes and hour to preen wings. 30 minutes for each wing, also told him the spots to look out for and the no touching spots. Such as under the wings, which Grian would do him self. And a few spots in the middle of the wings.

 For the reason scar can't do the under wing part Grian explained 'they are more fluffy feather that need to be done by a bird hybird.'  And for the spots on the wings. He never said why. So scar just guessed that it was a wired spot that Grian did not like getting touch.

Grian Is now facing opposite to scar. Scar first found all the broken and mangled feathers and broke them off from the wing. And then he did the primary flight feathers first. Looking through them and fixing up the bristle (?) He doubled checked and move in to secondary feathers, doing the same process again. 

Moving on to the primary coverts, rinse and repeat. Going through the feathers bit by bit. Moving onto the greater secondary coverts, he also did the median coverts at the same time. While in the middle of it, he forgot what Grian said..

"*insert parrot chirping and a little pur*" scar could not believe what he just heard from Grian

"*insert parrot chirping and a little pur*" scar could not believe what he just heard from Grian. It was so cute. While Grian on the other hand was embarrassed, hiding his face with his hands and  wing. 

"Awww Grian that was so cute" scar smiled. The bird turned around and hugged scar. Burying his face in scars neck. Scar returned the hug.

"Hm" Grian huffed. Still covering himself with his wings.

— Grians 3rd person' —

Grian hid himself with his wings. Cuddling up to scar. The smaller male felt his friend softly patting his back. Grian couldn't help but let a little pur. 

The shorter male felt scar moving around. He open his eyes to see they were now laying down. Grian moved around a little to get more comfortable. The winged male lifted one of his wings and put it over scar. Grian then went on his phone. Seemingly planing something.

— Grian POV but still 3rd 🙉🙊—

Grian was planing something big. The once a year bird festival. And now because hybrids might be allowed in his home state. They asked him to make and plan it. All birds, sparrows to emus. Their all allowed to came. Very last bird hybird. 

Big ones severs like hermintscraft to kinda smaller severs likes like lifesteal (ja, I like life steal).  But to be truthfully lifesteal already allowed some hybrids.  

(Guys, I'm back, just for a little. I don't feel up to writing very big stuff, so this might become short stories, I'm probably going to have to read this to get an idea about what I was planning

Words - 640