Chapter Two ~ Run Away

My door screeched as it opened. There's no way the wind could be that powerful.. someone is in my house. I buried myself into Baekhyun's chest as he pulled me closer to him. I am terrified to the point where my hands are moving back and forth, my teeth chatter, and I get chills down my back as if I was to be in Antarctica. I moved constantly, turned from left to right in Baekhyun's arms. Even with sweat forming, I tossed and turned myself and I couldn't help it. It's like I've lost control of my mind. The lights flickered on. I could feel the intense heat in my surrounding, but I still pulled the cover over me for protection. I want to be unseen. My head had started to twitch now as if I had some disorder. My mind flooded with memories. Blood. Knife. Mom. Dad. Dead. Tears came rolling down. My hands gripped Baekhyun's shirt tight as I cried against his chest.

I'm not ready to die yet. There's so much to tell you, Baekhyun. I love you more than anyone else on this planet. No one, not even my adoptive parents gave me this love, support, and care you're constantly giving me. No one understands me the way you do. Whether if you saw the worst sides of me, you're more understanding than ever. You still tell me how beautiful I am, how amazing, sweet, and loving I am. I respond to you, saying that I'm totally weird and different, because I just can't let go of my parents. But you say it's perfectly normal to be the way I am, and that the difference in me makes you love me so much like you do. There's so much you're doing for me, and I don't know what I've done to receive this. I need to repay you.. but I might never get the chance. Either if you die or I die, we'll be separated. Even if I escape, you'll be the last one here defending me, giving me time to escape. Both ways.. we're going to separate. I don't want to lose you. You're everything I have.

"(YourName)? What's wrong? And you must be..?" Someone questioned at the door. I clenched my fists to give myself strength. I sat up straight and stared into my adoptive mother's eyes. Jae Sung Ja. Her real name is Min Sung Ja. Jae comes from her husband of course. The name sounds so pretty with her birth last name. I just call her by Ja, it means attractive. I agree she is, even at this late hour, if I see her face, I wouldn't even be scared anymore. I was at ease. They've come back home from vacation early I guess. Behind Ja is my adoptive father, also Ja's third husband, Jae Kwan Seok. I call him Seok because it means masculine and that is a great adjective to describe him! Awkward haha. Truthfully, Ja isn't so clever when it comes to love. At least from my perspective, she's not. As I said, SungJa is her name and Sung means clever, but it really doesn't reflect on her love life really. She's clever in many other things though. I'll always go to her for advice but never for love. I can manage love, or at least that's what I think.

I smiled at them and ran into their arms and shouted, "You're back!"

Seok tapped me on the head to keep my quiet, I totally forgot that it's the time when everyone is sleeping.

"Were you the one standing at my door when I was on the phone? And was it the wind that blew the glass cup down? Did you close the windows? It's cold.." I questioned. I wasn't afraid to ask actually, I had no hesitation. They looked at each other for a few seconds as if there was something suspicious, but then they smiled back at me that got me excited to hear their reply.

There was silence among us for a while. I looked at them with my eyes widened and a smile on my face.

"We heard you on the phone and were about to come in, but you said goodnight and everything so we didn't want to disturb you from falling asleep. We thought we could give you a surprise in the morning with a huge breakfast, but clumsy Seok dropped the glass cup when trying to get water. I was afraid it disturbed you or scared you, so we came up to check on you. I guess the surprise won't happen." Ja sighed.