Chapter 19

HEY GUYS. First of all IM SO SO SO SORRY for not updating in 5 months.. ive been grounded -___- (they had a problem with my boyfriend.) But it's cool now because he cheated on me so we're done and I'm ungrounded 🙌. Hahaha ha hahaha ha. Yeah. SO ENJOY THE CHAPTER AND LEMME KNOW WHATCHU THINK IN THE COMMENT BOX (:

~~~~~~~~

***Skys POV

Here we go.

"Please rise," the judge said sternly. I'd recognize that voice any where. Mr. Tom Riley. My old parole officer. Promoted to judge? Way to

go.

"Mr. Alcoa, please step forward," I hear, tossing my glance to my father. Same old dad, Fucking asshole.

"Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you God?"

My father glares and me and says, "of course."

Smart ass.

My lawyer asks all sorts of questions and all of which my father lies in reply.

Looking at mom I can see she's just as nervous as I am. Scared shitless.

"Have you ever beaten your children?"

"No"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes"

"Have you ever maybe gotten so highly intoxicated that you just don't remember?"

I yell, "OBJECTION! HE GOD DAMN KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING TO US!"

"Calm yourself Skylar," Judge Riley says as I sit back down.

"Proceed," he says.

Multiple more questions are asked and eventually my father is dismissed.

"Skylar James Alcoa please step forward," I'm called upon.

I walk forward and place my hand on the bible gently.

"Do you sweat to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth so help you god?"

I answer, "yes sir."

I sit down slowly and take a deep breath to calm myself. My heart is racing like crazy.

"Skylar has your father ever hit you?" I'm asked by my fathers lawyer.

I look him in his eyes, "multiple times."

"And your brother as well?"

"Especially my brother, Christopher," I choke out.

"Do you know why?" they ask.

I reply, "I've never understood Mr. Alcoa. He's a sick, terrible, disgusting excuse of a father & a human being."

"OBJECTION!" my father yells.

I apologize to the court and they move on, "can you PROVE that your father has hurt you or lead your brother to suicide."

I nod and tell them about the letters the proceed to tell them about and show them the text messages sent from him months back.

They gave back my cellphone and ask, "is this all the evidence and proof you have to show the jury?"

A tear rolls down my face and I nod looking at my shoes.

"NO WAIT!" a female voice yells from the back of the court.

A blond girl steps forward and judge Riley asks, "Taylor Compton."

The girl from Christophers funeral.