Chapter 8

***Skys POV

I Creep up the driveway. Dads car is gone. Work thank god.

I sprint to the door and find the spare key in the potted plant. Walking in there's no sound. Just a small noise coming from upstairs. Whimpering. Mom.

As I'm now sprinting as fast as I can up the stairs I trip on the last step and land in a face plant to the wood.

I whisper a curse word and continue to the bedroom. The doors half open and I hear her soft cry but can't find her. I open the door and step inside.

She stops crying.

"Stay AWAY from me Robert," Mom Intimidated but frightened.

I say, "mom it's only me. Sky."

"Skylar?" she shoots up from behind the bed, eyes red from sobbing.

I run over to her, "mom..."

"Baby I missed you," she said wrapping her arms around my neck.

"Mom we have to get out of here. Let's leave before he gets home," I say pulling away and giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"No," she firmly said.

I hesitate, "mom you have to come with me."

She shakes her head and begins to cry, "I can't. Hell find us Skylar."

"No he won't mom. Ill get him locked up for sure. I have proof," I said holding her shoulders.

"No skylar itll never work..he's too smart," she said sitting down.

I look her dead in the eyes, "Mom you have to stop being a coward. Stop hiding and lying to yourself! You're a big girl you can make your own decisions."

"I'm just scared Skyla-"

"Then stop being scared for once in your life and listen to me!" I said grabbing a suit case from her closet and handing it to her.

"you'll never be happy if you don't come with me mom," I said.

She starts to cry, "I know..l know."

"Please get packed mom," I say kissing her forehead.

***Maes POV

"Room 25 Human Anatomy with Mr. Casey," I say softly to myself walking down the hallway.

Suddenly there's foot in front of me and my books go flying as I crash to the ground.

"Shit sorry," a taller jocky looking guy said waving it off as he runs down the hall about to be late for class.

"Just great. First day and I'm already late to my third class," I say picking up my books.

A bell rings and the circular hallway is empty besides me awkwardly standing up as doors are shut for class.

As I find room 25 I shyly knock on the door and it opens to a rather loud and annoying class but I keep to myself. There's one seat open in the front by a girl with straight brown hair and fully clothed in aeropostale. Wow this should be fun.

She takes a glance at me as I sit down and giggles to the shorter girl with braces and thin hair next to her.

"Problem?" I ask opening my book.

She throws me a dirty look, "Uh did I say something to you emo?"

"Fuck you," i said without tone in my voice.

She said back, "sorry unlike you Im not into girls."

She shrugs and the girl next to her laughs.