Chapter Fourteen (Sample)

The elevator let us out on our floor with a loud ding. Kiernan took my arm as we exited and practically dragged me down the hallway. I was a bit confused though when we passed my room. I looked back, pointing behind us. "Umm...Kiernan?"

"You haven't fed yet tonight and it's too close to dawn to have you out running around the woods. Luckily, I thought ahead and brought some bottled blood with us. It's in the mini fridge."

"Oh, okay."

He unlocked the door to his room and held the door open for me. I walked in and raised an eyebrow as I looked around. "Damn."

"What?"

"Nice digs." I turned and gave him a quick grin. "You don't go small do you?"

I saw a tint of blush rise up his neck and to his cheeks and he shrugged slightly. "I've had to take shelter in some pretty nasty places in my long life. I suppose now I like to spoil myself to make up for what I lacked in the past."

I nodded. Made sense.

He indicated towards a large sectional and told me to sit down while he made his way to the kitchenette.

"I can do that." I protested. Feeling guilty over having him serve me.

"Sit." He told me again, waving me off. I shrugged and did as he told.

The couch was comfy and huge. When I sat down I literally sunk into the fluffiness of the cushions as though I'd just plopped myself down on a mountain of cotton balls.

Kiernan opened the small fridge then frowned. "Shit." He grumbled.

I tried to push myself out from within the crater of cushions with little luck. "What's wrong?" I asked, straining my neck to see what was going on.

Kiernan sighed as he closed the door. "Simon must have taken the last bottle. I should have stocked up on more."

I rolled off the couch with a grunt and walked over to where he was standing. "It's alright." I told him. "I'm not really that hungry." I lied.

My stomach rumbled and he raised an eyebrow. "Not hungry huh?"

I blushed and shrugged.

Kiernan rubbed the back of his neck something he often did while thinking. It was a quirk I'd become quite accustomed to over the past couple of months. "Come with me." He said finally, motioning for me to follow him.

We left the kitchenette and walked through the living or lounge area to a set of double doors in the back. He pushed the doors open and at once I could see that we were in the bedroom. It was massive. Not nearly as large or grand as the one in the penthouse but it left little to be desired. I was in awe, but also a bit skeptical. Once inside I turned to look at him, a slight smirk playing across my face. "The bedroom? Really?"

He chuckled a bit. "If I'm to feed you, I want to be comfortable while doing it."

"Feed me?" Now I was intrigued.

He offered no further explanation, just shut the door, and walked to the bed. I watched as he removed his shirt, slowly undoing each button before pulling it off and throwing it casually over a chair in the corner. My eyes rested on his prominent chest, and the dusting of chest hair that lightly covered his pecs. I'd never seen him without his shirt on before and looking at him now I was completely mesmerized. He was a specimen of complete perfection from the firm pectorals to the ripples of his abs. Even the curve of muscle in his biceps had me fanning myself subconsciously. He walked to the bed and threw back the covers then kicked off his shoes and lay back against the bank of pillows behind him. "Come here." He ordered. I tried to move but I couldn't. I was spellbound. All I could do was stand there like an idiot memorizing every inch of his masculine frame. I couldn't even speak. He was just so...beautiful.