Chapter Thirteen (Sample)

There's a whole generation of men out there that think by laying on the charm and throwing a couple overly used compliments your way, that you will eventually drop your pants and bend over for them. In the past, I'd had a few of these guys, full of drunken confidence, slur their way over to me and try a line or two before I ultimately dismissed them and walked away. Since Kiernan turned me though, I've become a magnet for horny college guys looking for a random twink to breed. Too. Fucking. Easy.

I wasn't looking for a random hook-up but my God I could smell the blood pumping through these guys and hear the rapid beats of their hearts once they saw my sweet ass sashay across a crowded room. Unfortunately, Kiernan was always right there watching. With a simple shake of the head, I knew any plans I'd had for the night were quickly squashed. Talk about a buzz kill.

It wasn't easy to resist but over the past few nights and a couple of near misses, I'd managed to get my hunger pretty well under control. That was the whole point in taking me out. Kiernan wanted to see how well I could handle being in a room full of hot, sweaty, human men with their blood and testosterone pumping. The first night I'd nearly jumped a guy in tight leather pants and way too much guy-liner. I imagined myself throwing him onto the bar and ripping his throat out while a room full of terrified humans watched on in horror. The thought amused me but I would never do something so reckless. Even I wasn't that stupid.

But, before I could be so easily led to the back by the guy, Kiernan had slipped his arm around me, told the dude I was taken, then steered me away. I sulked as the dudes sweet smelling blood drifted away from us the further we got from him. How the hell Kiernan could be so casual when there was literally a buffet of warm, human, blood surrounding us I had no idea. It was driving me insane.

I couldn't complain too much really. It was so nice to finally be out of the house and around a group of people I didn't know and who didn't know me. There were no gay bars in Bellefonte so we had to drive an hour out of town to a small city called Gahanna. It was Kiernan's idea to go to a gay bar as he didn't think drunk girls coming on to me would be as much of a challenge. He wasn't wrong. I'd never been interested in girls sexually and found that as a vampire my orientation hadn't changed. Women didn't even smell as good to me as men did. I don't mean that they smelled bad but their blood lacked something that I could only detect in men. I had asked Kiernan if that's how it was for him. That women smelled better than men. He just shrugged and said that over the years he's found many different aromas and flavors to be equally appealing and left it at that.

On our final night in Gahanna, we decided to visit a place called Dicks. I know, not too subtle, and to the point, but they had great reviews.

As soon as we walked in Kiernan found us a table. He ordered a round of drinks while Simon and Luca took to the dance floor. They seemed totally in their element. Samuel, not so much. He stayed at the table, grumbling to himself while he nursed a beer.

I'd finished about half my drink, A whiskey sour, when Kiernan glanced over at me and nudged me with his elbow. "Why don't you go dance." He suggested.

I raised an eyebrow. "Really?"

"Sure." He nodded towards the dance floor. "Simon and Luca are out there and you look like you're due for a little fun."

He had a point. I was days away from my two-month anniversary of being a vampire and I was ready to end the constant monotony of my everyday life. I shrugged. "Why not." I said, picking up my glass and downing the rest of the drink. I picked up the uneaten cherry from inside the glass and handed it to Kiernan. "What this?" I asked him. "I hate the things."

He smirked a bit. "You offering me your cherry?"

I rolled my eyes. "I lost that years ago." Samuel coughed and nearly chocked on his beer.