Just another day in Haven..

A/N and a TW!! Talk of home invasion, if that's triggering then please skip this chapter

3,427 words
________________________________
"Who is Duke Crocker?"
I think before drifting off to sleep...

Flash forward six months.

I've been working at the Haven PD for about eight months now. It's been pretty chaotic, unsurprisingly so for this town.

Now I'm sitting in my office, with nothing to do. The clock reads '2:15 pm' just about three more hours left in my work day. Audrey and I usually go out for drinks after work. Five o'clock can't come soon enough.

In my impatience, I realized Audrey gave me some paperwork to work on yesterday. I decide to work on that in hopes of distracting myself from my intense boredom.

Before I know it the clock strikes three pm, and I hear a knock on my office door.

"Come in!" I shout through the closed door, not even bothering to look up from my current task.

"Y/n, I need you to go down and check out a break-in, Nathan will go with you." Audrey says

"Okay, I'll get right on that, thanks." Finally! Another case to save me from death by boredom.

Audrey smiles, leaving my office as I rise from my chair, grabbing my old black leather jacket before leaving the station with Nathan behind me.

Nathan and I get to the scene, a nice older house about fifteen minutes away from the department. We immediately notice the broken window on the door, the door swung wide open.

Guns drawn, Nathan goes in first as I follow close behind, starting to get nervous. Nathan and I separate, him going to the study room as I go to the living room.

"Clear!" Nathan shouts

"Clear!" I shout in return.

I quietly go upstairs, hearing some noise.. it sounds like... crying?

As I go up the stairs the sound gets louder, I find the room it's coming from, swinging the door open and pointing my gun at anything and everything.

I see a woman curled up on the floor, knees to her chest, her mouth taped shut. Other than being terrified she seems fine, with no visual injuries on her.

I announce my name and show my badge, proving she's safe with me. As I go to remove the tape, peeling it off she says in a panicked voice.