Moving on

Authors note. Sorry this took so long. If y'all see my community updates or whatever they're called, I believe I mentioned some drama went down in my life and I was barely able to write for awhile. I heavily appreciate everyone's patience. ~ Much love
5,100 words.
_____________________________
~One month later~

Y/n's pov ~11:15 AM~
I'm getting ready to start my day, suddenly hearing my phone ring. I tilt my head in confusion, picking it up to see the name displayed across the upper half of my screen.

'Wade'

I sigh, remembering the last time we spoke and how I've avoided him since.

I've been avoiding him for the last three weeks after receiving the news of him and Duke's big fistfight at the gull.

I'm wondering if I should just end things at this point... it's getting too complicated, but I've attempted to show no sign of these feelings to Wade

"Hm.." I groan before answering.

"Hello?" I greet.

"Hey, Y/n!" He greets back in a cheerful tone.

"I'm about to leave, when do you want to meet?" He questions.

"Uhm... four-thirty?" I reply hesitantly.

"Sounds good.." He trails off happily.

A moment of silent bliss takes over, neither speaking for a few moments as we stay there, happily together.

I don't want to end what we have, I truly care for him. But with everything that happened, I'm not sure he's worth it anymore.

It's been a month or two and I still have trouble wrapping my mind around it. Duke broke Wade's nose that day.

Duke looks at me with rage now; an anger tripled by his previous irritation caused by my presence. His indignation is clear in his eyes, pure hatred on his face when I'm near. From what I've been told, the same treatment has been dealt to Wade.

I still don't understand why Duke hates this so much. He has no right to be angry when this whole issue is of his own doing- but this may be the end of us...

"Uh.." Wade speaks up

"Listen... I have to go." He mutters.

"Oh?" I mumble in response.

"Yeah. Sorry, see you later?" He asks.

"Yeah..." I confirm, a hint of sadness in my tone as he ends the call.

I let out a breath, placing my phone on the granite countertop and continuing to put on my mascara, the quiet knowledge looms over me that this could be the end of us and the beginning of moving on to someone new.

Duke's pov
I emerge from the back of the bar entering the main area, finding Wade standing behind the counter seemingly on the phone, and very happy to be at that.

He's smirking like a child, something he doesn't do often. Well, unless he's with Y/n.

Realization washes over me, as I immediately connect the dots. He's on the phone with her.

I let out an irritated sigh, trying to keep quiet but unintentionally catching his attention.

His gaze lands on me, my arms crossed leaning in the doorframe. His eyes widen slightly, his smile dropping instantaneously.

"Uh.. listen... I have to go." He mumbles into the phone.

A vague voice can be heard on the other line, making it impossible to make out what's said.