Forbidden romance

Authors note! This chapter was kinda lazy and sucks 💀 hope y'all like it anyways.
2,943 words
________________________________

I enter the beautifully decorated, beachside restaurant, Wade holds the door before following me inside.

He steps a little in front of me, leading us to a secluded table close to the corner.

It's so romantic. there are beautifully lit candles on the table before us, however. I have a strange feeling. Something feels wrong- like I'm being watched.

"Here it is.." He states with a small smile.

I shake off the thoughts and notice he's holding something behind his back, he reveals a small bouquet of beautiful red roses.

A small gasp of delight escapes my lips, I take the flowers, thanking him with a kiss on the cheek.

"They're beautiful, thank you."

I smile, placing my hand gently on his upper arm.

"Of course." He responds

His cheeks are slightly blushed, I can tell that he's just as if not more nervous than I am.

First dates are always so awkward.

"You look beautiful.." He compliments having noticed my dress

'A romantic Crocker. I did not expect that.' I think.

"Thank you. you look handsome." I say awkwardly.

I've never been good at knowing how to take or give compliments...

We sit down at our table admiring the beautiful view outside, the sun is setting and we have a gorgeous view of the orange sunset just off the beach from our quiet little table.

"How did you manage to get us in here? It's all booked for months.." I wonder aloud

"I know the owner. I'm a bit of a big deal." He says smirking arrogantly

I nod in response, making a mental note of his newfound arrogance.

'Oh yeah, there's the similarity.' I think, as I cringe at his action.

The waiter comes over, handing us two menus to examine as he takes his leave back towards the back of the restaurant.

I look over the wine list deciding to get a glass of red wine, meanwhile, Wade gets a beer.

I try and start a conversation, having no idea what to talk about.

I met this man when I was blackout drunk, it's not like I know all of his hobbies and interests. Plus I can't exactly say 'So let's talk about how I despise your brother'.

I have to think of something to talk about... And small talk usually works.

"So, where are you from?" I question