Caught together

A/n: Sorry for how long this took. It's not my best but i hope you enjoy <3
4,402 words
_____________________________

It's been three weeks since we last saw the events of Y/n's life. It's been a very interesting few weeks, one she has trouble comprehending at times. Y/n and Wade have gone out twice a week since our last installment. Out to fancy restaurants, bars, and picnic dates. Just yesterday they were planning one for today, although Y/n was a little hesitant.

You see, she's hesitant to continue this situation because she fears Duke finding out and... well she's not exactly sure what the outcome would be if this were to happen. Hundreds upon hundreds of scenarios have run through her mind during these past weeks, none ending happily. She's imagined fights, breakups, and anger all around, and in truth, she fears this outcome.

Y/n awakes at 8:14 am, Saturday, September 8th, to a knock on her bedroom door. This date just so happens to be her sort of partner's birthday, and she had something special planned.

She rises from her bed, takes her thick hair out of the bun she slept in and walks towards the bedroom door. She opens it and finds Jennifer standing before her, all cheery and excited for the day ahead.

Jennifer Mason, Y/n's best friend, is aware that Y/n has a scheme brewing. She knows all the details of what's to come and she's intensely excited to hear of it all later in the day.

Y/n's pov
I lazily crawl out of my comfortable bed, removing my hair from the updo it was held in during the night and walking towards my door. I'm immediately greeted by Jen, looking very excited for some reason or another.

"Hey!" She greets happily

"Hey" I return in a groggy state

"There's breakfast on the table." She states

I slowly nod in response. I put up my loose hair into a low ponytail and grabbed a flannel to cover my cold upper body, which was once bare from the tank top I wore to bed.

I exit my bedroom, Jen adding on to her previous statement.

"Are you excited for tonight?" She questions

"What's tonight?" I reply

"Your date with Wade!" She cheers

I had forgotten all about the plans Wade and I made! It comes back to me all of a sudden; the plans for a date he initiated and my idea to surprise him for his birthday.

"Oh, yeah I can't wait!" I reply with a small smile

We enter my kitchen, and a beautifully plated waffle with strawberries is in front of me as I sit down. It looks amazing and smells just as good.

I begin to eat as Jen and I chat about my upcoming plans for today

"Okay, walk me through it." Jen requests