The girl in the polaroid.

A/n. This is my longest chapter yet!! Sorry it took forever. Trigger warning for mentions of mental abuse and again- stalking. Much love ❤️
7,933 Words.
_____________________________
I awake to the sound of birds chirping. I stretch my tired limbs, turning to look at the alarm clock to my right.

'6:30 AM'

I let out a sleepy groan, crawling out of my comfortable bed to start a shower. I grab my phone from my nightstand, walking towards the master bathroom located just a few feet from my bed; I walk in, turning the shower handle as the water starts flowing. I undress from my pyjamas, feeling very cold from the sudden change as I step into the warm water.

I grab my bottle of lavender-scented body wash, putting a decent amount in my hand and massaging it into my skin

I rinse off, breathing in the relaxing scent and beginning to wash my hair. I reach for my shampoo, apply it to my thick blonde hair, and massage it in.

All of a sudden, I hear my front door slam. Anxiety rushes over me as I try and figure out who it is, having flashbacks to that terrible night.. the sounds of breaking glass from that moment echo in my mind, almost like it's happening in real-time as the flashbacks hit me with an incredibly strong force.

I hear Audrey call my name, my nerves instantly fall as realize who it is and I shout back to my close friend, now grateful for the newly installed security cameras just outside of my apartment.

"Y/n!" She calls out

"I'm in the shower!" I shout back

"Hurry up! Your food's gonna get cold!" She urges

'I can't believe I thought she was..' I think to myself, trailing off before I can even think of them.

It's been almost a month since that night.. the terrifying break-in that left a lot of fear in my life. Audrey and Jen have been switching off sleeping over almost every night since and because of the girls, I haven't heard a peep from the person who did this. Nathan told me he saw a man watching me while on a case, but he wasn't sure of the motive behind this occurrence, so he just removed me from the situation and let it go. Regardless of whether or not it was the person who was watching me, a police sketch was made of the man. He looked mostly unfamiliar to me.. although when I first saw him, I had a strange feeling that I knew him, some features looked familiar, some not. I brushed it off as adrenaline and left it at that.

Everyone around has been so worried, it's sweet but can be frustrating at times. They never leave me alone, from staying home to going on dates with Wade, I'm almost always with someone. Dwight has been forced to escort me to dates... I think it's kind of funny honestly. Luckily he just stays in the parking lot.. but it's stressful knowing I have someone breathing down my neck at all times.