7. Traitor

~Thursday/ midnight~

Although the group had agreed to meet at midnight sharp with no exceptions. Fatima insisted that she and Zac stop at a 24hour diner because she was craving wings, badly.

|Diner|

Zac was smiling from ear-to-ear as he lovingly watched her devour some cheesy jalapeño fries and a dozen chicken wings of various flavors.

Fatima: (dipping the lemon pepper wing in the ranch sauce) why are you looking at me like that?

Zac: no reason in particular. I just can't believe that you literally begged me to order you that Alfredo pasta at the hotel, only for you to turn it down and eat wings from a shady diner instead (shakes his head, laughing).

Fatima: (chuckles) whatever nigga.

Zac: you still haven't told me what you meant when you said that a song "gave" Hayden away. What song was it?

Fatima: last night I talked to my girl Sasha on the phone and mentioned her ex- Tyrone. So-

Zac: (laughs) so you mean to tell me that Hayden zesty was singing some Erykah Badu? IKYFL.

Fatima: (laughs) no baby I'm deadass. Nigga really said "I'm getting tired of your shit, you don't ever buy me nothing".

Zac: (laughs) wowww.

Fatima: anyway since we're here... there's something I want to run by you before we meet up with your "friends", who by the way I still don't know their names.

Zac: my bad baby, I thought I already mentioned their names. It's my main man, Jay and his lady Kay-Kay.

Fatima: okay... and what do they both do for a living?

Zac: (shrugs) I don't know because I don't make a habit out of asking people's occupations. I mean we're more of business partners than friends. Besides, why does it matter?

Fatima: (chewing, sips her mango juice) baby it matters because we need to know what we're walking into. For all we know, we could be walking into a death trap.

Zac: shit I wish a nigga would try to trap me! He would not live to tell the tale.

Fatima: I know that babe but uh... hypothetically speaking, what's our plan should we find ourselves in a comprising situation. Like what if this is a set up and then cops come flooding the building?

Zac: (laughs) baby I tell you all the time that you watch too many movies! None of that is gonna happen because Jay doesn't have the mental capacity to double cross me.

Fatima: what about his girl, can she be trusted?

Zac: (shrugs) I don't know because I don't really know much about her except that she works at some night club as a stripper. (Pauses)... now that I think about it... I believe that Jay works as a security at the same club where she dances at. So you can relax, those two knuckleheads definitely don't have the brains to pull off something like that (chuckles).

Fatima: baby I really do love your confidence, it's actually one of the things that attracted me to you BUT you tend to be cocky sometimes, and cockiness is how people get caught! So I need you to do me a favor when we get to that meeting.

Zac: okay...?

Fatima: please promise me that you won't say anything that could potentially incriminate us. Matter fact, don't even say nothing at all. Just hi, bye, collect our money and bounce!

Zac: okay but I really think that you're overreacting, nothing bad is gonna happen.

Fatima: (sighs deeply) I really do hope so babe because my spirit is unsettled. Something just doesn't feel right.