Chapter 3

_ . _

Chapter 3

"We're here."

Darcel was back at reality after in a daze for a long time inside the carriage. He took a peek at the window, greeted by a fourth floor building where the carriage stopped.

The carriage door was opened by the coachman outside. Carsa was the first one to go down, not minding the coachman who extended his hand to escort her but was left in the air.

Darcel arched his brows. Is that a form of courtesy here in this world? He stood up at the carriage to go down, extending his hand on the hand of the coachman as he gently stepped down of the carriage. Darcel quickly glanced at him and proceeded to follow his sister who went ahead, not minding on the frozen reaction of the coachman.

His sister entered the building. Since they're commoners, Darcel expected for their house to be a rundown place, but the interior design inside the building was better than he expected. The furnitures was on point, from the chairs and tables, lamps, decorations, and even a sofa in the middle.

Darcel stared at his sister. Looking closely, his sister was so tall. His head was only on the level of his sister's arms, not even reaching her shoulder. His sister stopped in front of him. Because Darcel was not focused, the bridge of his nose bumped on his sister's back.

Darcel didn't expect that her back was hard and muscular. His nose was stinging in pain as he lifted his gaze at his sister. Darcel quietly groaned in pain as he saw his sister turned around with a frown. Even with just looking, he felt slightly intimidated by her. No wonder the original Darcel was scared of her.

"Um..." Darcel averted his gaze, awkwardly pinching his nose to ease the pain.

"Ha..." Carsa sighed and bended down, leaning her face closer as she brushed his hand away from his nose. "Where does it hurt?"

"My whole nose hurts.." Darcel replied, averting his gaze.

Carsa was about to touch his nose to check if it's really painful, but halted midway, looking hesitant to touch him. She stood properly and started walking again, "Follow me."

"Okay..."

Darcel was quietly observing her. He has been a scientist for decades, so he's familiar with observing people's expression, behavior, and mannerisms ever since he established his own lab. He can tell it already... That Carsa doesn't hate him at all. She just doesn't know what to do in front of him. Maybe it's because he lost his memory and felt awkward about it, or maybe it's because she actually feel awkward around him.

"Oh, Lady Carsa." He heard a voice of a woman from the stairs. The woman shifted her gaze at his direction, she seems like she didn't expect his presence. "Darcel, you're here."