Chapter 6

_ . _

Chapter 6

It's been two and a half days since Darcel arrived at the Magic tower. Ever since then, he didn't stepped out of his room even once, leaving Morris and Vietta to worry for him. Despite their knocks and call for him, Darcel never respond back. All they could hear is a rustle of a paper and a few low thuds like that of a footstep.

Even so, the food was still delivered inside Darcel's room through a servant from the kitchen as ordered from the tower master. The magic tower has been quiet since. Seems like all of them are busy training and focusing before the incoming subjugation.

On the other hand, Morris was inside Vietta's room. Vietta was sitting on the chair of her study table, reading a book about magic spells while Morris are on the sofa, eating a macaron with a dejected face.

Vietta was busy reading her book, but she can hear Morris speaking, "Ughh.... It's so boring! Darcel doesn't go out of his room! I mean----he never goes out much anyway but....i miss his presence! I'm so bored!"

Vietta sighed with a frown and replied as she read, "Morris, wouldn't it be better for you to go to the training hall and busy enhancing your mana?"

Morris replied, "I don't wanna train! I won't even be summoned on the front lines, anyway! They'll just stuck me on the camp for strengthening support. What's the point of learning offensive spells?"

Vietta massaged her temple, "I swear i won't be able to save you when you're in danger. You better think about that, Morris."

Morris pouted his lip and averted his gaze. Though he wants to train to his heart's content, it doesn't motivate him as much as when he trains with Darcel and Vietta. He also can't deny that he became too much dependent on them because of how wimp he is. Morris just turned deaf hear on her and continued to eat sweets with a sad expression, "Ah.... Darcel i miss you!"

Half a day passed just like that in an instant. The dawn has already arrived when Darcel opened his eyes and found himself inside his room. Surprisingly, the books were scattered on the floor, and there are crumpled paper of magic circles drawing cluttered all over. Darcel stood up the bed and yawned as he stretched both of his arms with his eyes closed.

He was just about to stand up when he heard a knock on the door followed by a joyful voice coming form Morris. "Rise and shine, Darcel! Get ready and dress yourself!"

Darcel was in a daze for a while as he listened to Morris' nonesense speech outside the door, staring blankly at the door. He then slowly stood up and ripped a drawn paper of magic circle on a bowl. After ripping the paper, it was then illuminated by a blue light followed by a water flowing on the bowl out of nowhere.

Darcel grinned with a drowsy expression, murmuring to himself. "Keke. H2O magic circle is a success."

He washed his face with the water while Morris was blabbering outside the door. It took him a while to rinse himself with magic and dress himself up with a black cloak and a black wizard's hat because he was trying to lift the garments with psychokinesis magic.

"So what i mean is----like you just came back to the tower, then you shut yourself for days? How am i supposed to feel about it? I'm sad and lonely for three whole days, Darcel! Even Vietta didn't console me because she was too busy! I know that it seems that i'm the most useless here in the tower but who cares? I want to do what i want because i'm now a free man----"