Chapter 1

The jet glided across the sky, passing over misty mountains and dense, green forest as Y/N L/N's journey from Delhi to Islamabad commenced. With a sigh, she rested her head against the window.

It had been a while since she'd seen her younger brother, Umar, and she couldn't help but wonder how he was. Was he eating alright? Had he grown taller? Did he miss her? She quickly shook the thoughts from her head.

Of course he didn't miss her, and she didn't miss him either. Then why were these thoughts plaguing her?

It's because Pakistan is family, just like Nepal and Bhutan are. You do miss him. A voice in her head whispered, which she quickly chased away.

But she couldn't chase away the hurt she felt realizing how distant they had grown. It seemed like just yesterday that the damn British Empire had split her into two countries. Back then, India had been so optimistic that everything would be okay.

It wasn't okay. Her boss and Pakistan's boss were constantly feuding, as were the civilians in their two nations. But now... things might really change. This invitation to Islamabad to discuss the border held countless possibilities and hopes. 

India shifted in her seat, and was cut out of her thoughts by something solid uncomfortably prodding against the back of her thigh. She into the pocket of her salwar, and pulled out a pen and a paper.

"Promise you'll write to me!" Nepal insisted.

"I promise." India consoled her younger sister with a smile as she threw a few outfits into her suitcase.

"You always say that but you never do." Nanu pouted.

"It's just 2 days in Pakistan, you'll be fine without hearing from me." The older sister laughed.

"Hmph. Still, you have to give me all the tea on Umar!" Nepal pushed paper and a pen at her sister, "There! Now you don't have an excuse to not write."

India chuckled thinking of her younger sister. She loved her, but goodness, she was a stubborn little country.

"Ma'am?" One of the airhostesses got the nations attention, "We are about to land, would you like a cup of chai before that?"

"Yes please, just a small one."

With a polite nod, the airhostess walked away and India returned her gaze out of the window to look at the evening skyline of Islamabad.

As the plane continued its descent, Y/N sipped on her newly acquired cup of chai, wondering what these 2 days had in store for her.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

"Welcome to Islamabad." Pakistan greeted as soon as India stepped down from the final stair of her private jet.

"Umar! It's been too long." She said.

He only returned her smile shyly before opening the door to a sleek black car. She entered the vehicle, and Umar soon followed her in.

"My boss is sorry that he couldn't greet you, but you will be coming to my house first, where you can rest before meeting him tomorrow." He explained.

"That's alright. I am quite tired."

The rest of the ride was spent in uncomfortable silence. Whenever the siblings would make eye contact they'd give each other an awkward smile before rushing to look away.

So much for getting closer to Umar... I can't even meet his eyes. India thought sadly.

"We are here." Umar gladly announced once the car rolled to a halt.