Chapter 2

India woke up to something soft caressing her cheek. With a sleepy mumble, her eyes fluttered open. Then she screamed and fell out of bed, only to be caught in a strong pair of arms.

"Don't worry, sunflower! I'm here for you now."

India knew that Russia would come here for her... she just didn't expect him to be here, in the bedroom she slept in, waking her up. Nonetheless, she chased away her shock. It was Ivan after all.

"I...Ivan." She was happy to see him.

"Da?"

"You're actually here! Did Pakistan agree to let me go?"

"Hm? Yes... let's discuss on the way back."

Without another word, he stood up tall with the woman still in his arms and made his way past the threshold of the room, where broken pieces of the green door lay.

"You... broke the door?"

"Let's discuss on the way back." He reiterated, continuing the walk in silence as he walked out of the haveli and towards a car where Lithuania waited.

"You can put me down... it's really no trouble." India insisted, but Russia ignored her.

"Lithuania, you got India's bags, da?"

"Y...yes, they're in the boot, Russia sir."

India gave a comforting smile to the shivering country, who smiled back at her, but quickly looked away an slid into the drivers seat before Russia could catch on. Ivan himself gently placed Y/N in the backseat and got in after her.

"Where's Umar?" She asked

"We will discuss on the way back." Russia's smile never left his face.

India smiled at him nervously. He did intimidate her, so perhaps it would be best to keep quiet and stop asking questions, but she had one more.

"On the way back to... India?"

"I will tell you everything on the way back." He repeated, beginning to sound like a broken record.

India only shivered at the intensity of his gaze and turned to look out of the window, but she could still feels Russia's eyes boring into the back of her head. Baber was right, he was a scary guy, but he was still her friend. At least she wasn't a captive anymore.

After what felt like a very long drive, Lithuania stopped the car at the airstrip and hurriedly, another man came running up to the car to open the door. Y/N looked up at the man.

"Hey, Estonia." She smiled, he returned it and gave a nervous nod, trying to ignore Russia's glare.

They entered Russia's private jet, got their seats, and even took off. Yet, the entire time, Russia stayed silent. He only sat besides India, smiling and staring at her, barely even blinking. It put her on edge.

"Would you like something to eat, sunflower?" He spoke at last.

"No, thank you." India politely smiled.

"Nonsense! I doubt that brother of yours fed you well."

Well, it was true, India realized. She had fell asleep before dinner last night, and Ivan had whisked her off before breakfast. The last thing she had consumed was last evening's chai. So, she gave a small nod. At the gesture, the airhostesses immediately began bustling around.

"Speaking of Umar... I hope you can answer my questions now."

Russia sighed, "You want to know how he agreed to let you go, da?".