Chapter Sixty-Five

[A MONTH LATER !!]

Nsizwayethu Mnikathi

I have been back home for quite some time now. I came weeks ago. I repaid Lobola for Thando then lists for umembeso were exchanged between families which will be happening tomorrow. Today we having something intimate as a family which is my parents, father's family and mom's family. My father and his brothers will be welcoming me into manhood by advicing me and all that; well that is how it has always been done in my family. Then the next day will be the pre-wedding which is Umembeso and I can't wait for it!!

I was in my room with my kids talking to their mother on the phone.

Thando : "I miss you guys so much." she says smiling.

Lwande : "We miss you too mama. Are you coming tomorrow?"

Nqo : "Mommy, I want to stay here mina." I chuckle when her mother gasps. I was also surprised by Nqobile's sudden like for this place. Apparently she's even made friends and she is always gulivanting with them.

Thando : "and why is that?"

Nqo : "I like it here." They bid their mother goodbye when mom calls them to go eat.

Me : "I can't wait to see you my love."

Thando : "Me too baby. Today we doing our final practicing."

Me : "I can't wait to see you dance for me." I say chuckling.

*************
Dad : "Tomorrow you becoming a real man and husband. You have grown into such an amazing man son, I am more than proud of you and calling you my son. You have never disappointed me. I want you to continue treating your wife and children as your first priority."  We were all sitting in the outside rondavel. It was dad and his two cousins that are like fathers to me.

Uncle Mzwa : "In fact, make sure your wife is always happy. A happy wife equals to a happy home. Never lay your hand on your wife no matter how much she angers you rather walk out to cool down then come back later and punish her with the only stick God created you with. Respect your marriage, your wife and children and also your home. A stupid mistake of letting your zip down to someone who isn't your wife can destroy your home so make sure you don't make that mistake. Never let friends influence you into doing things that can cost you your family."

Uncle Vusi : "With that said, also don't let your wife disrespect or take you for granted all in the name of love. Respect, love and cherish your wife but also make sure that you set the law and it is stern. As you may know, a man is the head of the household and your wife is the neck that means you do not make drastic decisions without informing your wife ir without her approval. The both of you have to support and work together all the time. Don't let friends or any other third party in your marriage cause it never ends well."

Dad : "Also make sure she is fed. Your wife must never starve of her goods unless you punishing her son. Support her dreams and everything she does. You support your wife even if she is wrong in public but talk to her when y'all both home."

Me : "I hear y'all boBaba. Thank you so much for your words of advice and I promise to put them all into use. Thank you."

Uncle Vusi : "We going to slaughter your mothers chickens tonight! We need meat!"

Uncle Mzwa : "I can't wait to see makoti mfana I also heard that hhay you can do your thing because makoti is always screaming."

Me : "Aybo! Baba!!" They just laugh and stand up.

Dad : "Let's go slaughter a cow."

Uncle Vusi : "No he has to slaughter it Gazi, phela he is getting into manhood so he has to prove himself."

Me : "We can go!" We all walk out and head to the kraal.