James Kent Appendix

There was a knock on Thomas's door and he got up to answer it.
"Jimmy?" Thomas asked before he smiled. "What are you doing here?"
"I've got some... pain, ARGH!" Jimmy shouted as he curled an arm around his stomach and he started to fall. Thomas caught him and he became worried.
"What's wrong?"
"I don't... know GARGH!"
"Alright. Let's lie you down," Thomas said and he led James to his bed. Lying him down, Thomas paused for a moment to get his head in order.
"What is it?" James asked him.
"It's nothing. My... tendencies have tried to assert themselves. You are in my bed," Thomas said with an awkward smile and Jimmy smiled back before he grimaced.
"Argh! ARGH!"
"I'll get Mrs Hughes," Thomas said and he rushed to get her.

"Thomas?"
"I'm sorry Mrs Hughes and I know that I should not be here."
"No you should not!" Mrs Hughes shouted as she got out of her bed.
"It's Jimmy. He's in pain and I think we need to call for the doctor."
"Where is he?"
"He's in my bed. He came to find me and I swear that I haven't done..."
"I believe you," Mrs Hughes interrupted Thomas. "I will call for Doctor Clarkson and meet you in your room shortly."
"Thank you," Thomas said and he rushed back to James.

"James!" Thomas called as he came back into the room. James was gasping for air, there was sick down the side of Thomas's bed and he was still crying out in pain. "The doctor's on his way," Thomas said before he wet a cloth and put it to James's head as he knelt beside him. "Can you hear me?"
"Tho... mas..." James gasped.
"I'm here. I'm here. Doctor Clarkson has been called," Thomas said as he put his hand on top of James's. "Stay with me Jimmy."
"Oh my goodness," Mrs Hughes said as she arrived. "You should have told me that he was like this."
"He has worsened since I came to you."
"Keep the cloth on his brow. James, can you hear us?" Mrs Hughes asked as she came over to him.
"Can..."
"Good. Stay awake. Where is the pain?"
"Sto... stomach... ARGH!" James yelled and pain crossed Thomas's face as he didn't want Jimmy to be in pain.
"I think we should get him to the hospital, not just to Doctor Clarkson."
"Do you mean that?"
"Look at him. There is sick on the bed, he's in severe pain and he can hardly breathe. I'm going to wake Mr Branson."
"What for?"
"To drive us to the hospital," Mrs Hughes said before she left them.
"Alright. Stay with me Jimmy. Stay with me," Thomas said. He desperately wanted to help him.

"How's he doing Mr Barrow?" Mr Branson asked from the front of the car.
"Not well. He's fallen unconscious and I can't wake him."
"We should be there soon."
"How long Mr Branson?"
"10 minutes at most."
"Please Jimmy. Stay with me," Thomas said. James was lying across his lap and he was both pale and sweating like none would believe it.

~

"Urh."
"Jimmy? Oh, are you alright?" Thomas asked with a relieved sigh.
"Thomas?"
"Yes. You're in the hospital."
"What happened to me?"
"Your appendix burst. You've had it removed and the doctor believes that you should make a full recovery."
"Believes?"
"You're under observation. It was a major surgery and they want to make sure that you recover."
"Alright. Thank you."
"For what?"
"For helping me. I knew that you would so... that's why I came to you."
"I got help from Mrs Hughes and Mr Branson. We got you to the hospital late last night."
"Thank you."
"I..."
"Really Thomas," James interrupted him. "Thank you for... more than getting me to hospital."
"You mean for not taking advantage?"
"Yes. I was in your bed."
"You were."
"Please. Take my hand," Jimmy said, and he outstretched it. Thomas took it and he smiled.
"Thank you Jimmy."
"Have you been with me all night?"
"I have stayed with you since the moment you stepped into my room. Only to make sure that you were alright."
"Thank you," Jimmy said and Thomas smiled. He squeezed his hand and let his homosexual urges die.
"Get some rest. Yor are safe with me and I am watching you when the nurses are not," Thomas said before he paused. "Not in that way. I don't want anything to happen to you."
"Thank you Thomas."
"Get some rest," Thomas said and James did so. "You'll be alright. Just rest."