Chapter 2 Chicago City

Angel steps out off the station doors with a speechless expression on her face, she knew Chicago was big but this was in fact huge!
Her eyes fluttered alittle as she looked around, such a big place for a small person to live in.

The huge buldings went on for miles, cars honked and ran in all directions.
The smell of the street food and waste gived her a mixed feeling in her stomach.

Her stomach growled as the smell of Coffee.
Coffee is what she needed right now.
She looked across the street and see's a small coffee shop.
"𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐨" she smiled and grabbed her suitcase to cross the road.
She sat in a small table at the corner, scanning threw the menu she ordered a small milk coffee and cheese scone.
That all she could really afford until she get to her job placement tomorrow.

Scoffing down the scone she opens up her phone to read any news reports in the area and there was a tone.
If not thousands, hundreds upon thousands.
All ranging from petty theft to a killer cop.
Her heart fluttered alittle reading the title "1 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐒.𝐕.𝐔 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐂𝐨𝐩 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐟𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥"

She took a slip of coffee before reading alittle more.
"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐞𝐭𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐩 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐚𝐭 𝐀𝐥𝐞𝐱 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐲𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐞.
𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐚 𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐢𝐦𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐀𝐥𝐞𝐱 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬. 𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐬"

Angel gulp alittle, stunned.
She reads more and more to quickly realise these killings were to do with a killer who had been at it for awhile now.

"𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐚 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐚𝐠𝐨?" She muttered.
She finished off her coffee.
Sitting up with her her eyes still on her phone she suddenly bumps into someone and falls back on her butt.
"𝐨𝐡 𝐦𝐲 𝐢𝐦 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲-.." she spoke grabbing her phone before looking up.

A tall, build man stands infront of her.
Needless to say she was stunned by how big he was.
He may be at least 6'7-6'8 foot tall, dark short curl hair, black skin and dark chocolate eyes filled with nothing but coldness.
He was wearing a black turtleneck and navy Jean's paired with a dark gray trench coat.
It fitted him well she though.

She gulp and looked away apologising again, she picked up a file he had dropped and handed it back.
"𝐈𝐦 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲-"
He put up his hand in front of her "𝐔𝐠𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐲𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥, 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐞"
Angel's heart stopped
" 𝐒𝐨 𝐫𝐮𝐝𝐞" she snapped rasing her eyebrow.

The man pushed past and left.
"𝐉𝐞𝐫𝐤 𝐢 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐞𝐫𝐲" she muttered
She blushes alittle "...𝐢 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠"
Angel lifted her head and looked outside, pourning down and pitch black. She got a taxi to a nearby motel.

"𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞.." she swore closing the room door behind her.
"$250 𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬?!" she clenched her teeth alittle.
She shook her head placing her suitcase on the squeaky bed.
"𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐀, 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐦 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐫... 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬"

She grinned thinking how proud her parents would be to see how far she had came.
She hummed a tune alittle while placing her clothes down on the desk for tomorrow.

Switching into her nightgown she layed down, placing her headphones in and blasting the music into her ears.
She loved music, her parents loved music. It made her feel alive and her parents still around.
Her little kitten Luna crawled up against her legs, purring while curling into a ball.

Slowly she fluttered her eyes shut and dozed off.