Chapter 6 Broken

Angel stuck her nose where it shouldn't be but she needed to know why Dexter was so cold to her.
His file was large, from 1996 to 2019.
Reports from petty crimes, drug crimes to a house fire.
It was a news clip from 5 years ago, the title read "𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒅 𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒚𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒄𝒐𝒑 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒋𝒐𝒃" Angels heart fluttered before she read on.

"𝑶𝒇𝒇𝒊𝒄𝒆𝒓 𝑫𝒆𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒐 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒂𝒔 𝑫𝒆𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑽 𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒐𝒏 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒓 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒌 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒆 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍𝒇𝒓𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒅 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒂 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒆 𝒆𝒂𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒌. 𝑶𝒇𝒇𝒊𝒄𝒆𝒓 𝑫𝒆𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 5 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒄𝒌𝒔 𝒂𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒄𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒏𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒓, 𝒓𝒆𝒑𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒈𝒖𝒍𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆. 𝑫𝒊𝒔𝒑𝒊𝒕𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒆 𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒘𝒔 𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒑𝒕𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒄𝒖𝒆 𝑫𝒆𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒓'𝒔 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒅 𝒊𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒐𝒐 𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆. 𝑩𝒐𝒕𝒉 𝑨𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒍 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝑩𝒐𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒆 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒐𝒖𝒕. 𝑭𝑩𝑰 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒆 𝒆𝒙𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒕𝒔 𝒅𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒐𝒍𝒂𝒚 𝒉𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒏𝒐 𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒔𝒂𝒍𝒗𝒂𝒈𝒆𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕.  𝑾𝒆 𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝑶𝒇𝒇𝒊𝒄𝒆𝒓 𝑫𝒆𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑯"

Angel heart throbbed with sadness, tears dropped onto the news clip.
"..𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐲?" she thought. She quickly put it back and headed to the restroom laying down.
She wanted to ask but how would she bring it up? She decided not to ask, kept it to herself but now she wanted to try harder to get him to at least said hi to her. She felt pitty for the way she judge him.

She was going to make it up to him later on.
Now she was going to sleep as the next few weeks were going to be very busy between work and apartment hunting. She knew it be hard for him to open up so maybe she had to keep on being nice..?
"𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒉 𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆" she thought.

It may take awhile, and alot...who are we kidding it would take a whole month to get him to open up to her. Maybe she could show her appration in other ways.
She thought hard and she choose to make him and everyond else a homemade meal, she always saw him eat the same Chinese noodles for lunch every day so why not something new.

Closing her eyes she eventfully fell asleep.

(𝘏𝘦𝘺 𝘢𝘭𝘭! 𝘑𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘱𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘵! 𝘪 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘧𝘰𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘵. 𝘚𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘵 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘨𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘹𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘢 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘪𝘭𝘭)