Chapter 8 A win & Lose

Angel put's all her afford in cooking the day away.
Lunch was approaching very soon and the spaghetti bolognese was just about ready.

Brian instituted to help so she let him help chop the mushrooms and make the dough for the garlic bread.
She popped the homemade garlic bread into the stove once it was ready.

She hummed alittle while preparing the plates as Brian wipped down the counter.
"𝐈𝐭 𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞" he smiled at her.
"𝐈𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬, 𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐬𝐝𝐞 𝐚 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥.. 𝐦𝐲 𝐞𝐱" her smile faded alittle.
"𝐇𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐨 𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮" Brian muttered as he reached over, patting her back.
She nodded "𝐇𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬, 𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐨 𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐢𝐦..."

Brain was unsure what to do so he hugged her
"𝐋𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐢 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐦 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞" he pulled back smiling.
Angel blushed face was a big grin. She was back to being happy. Nodding the timer went off, the food was ready.
Brain went off to let the other's know while she grabbed the pan with the spaghetti in it.
Pouring out the hot water.

She places it down and feel's a hot breath on her neck and freezes alittle.
"𝐇𝐞𝐲 𝐃𝐞𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐫..." she smiled alittle
He froze "𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐬𝐡𝐞.." he though and step back.
"𝐅𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐬𝐨 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐬𝐢𝐭 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐭" he speechless and does as she says.

He sits down at the chair on the left of her's.
Unsure on what to think.
Watching her every move like a predator watching his pray in the woods.
His 𝕙𝕦𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕣 was back for her even stronger, he couldn't help it.
He loved sweet innocent pray. Especially the ones who were harder to break.

His eyes scanned her body, she always wore too big of clothing or her unifrom.
He wonder how she looked under.

He grinned until Brian came back to the kitchen and she gived him a huge smile.
It light up the room, but why didn't she smile like that for him?
Why for Brian but not for Dexter.
That pissed him off, maybe even jealous?...

Dexter grunts, he almost lost his cool when Brian places his hand on her back.
Almost at her waist line.
He had to clench his teeth.
The other officers came in just in time for Brain to back off.

All smiles and cheers.
Everyone filled the table as Angel and Brian dished out the meal.
She sat down next to Dexter and Brian set next to her. (To her right)

Angel could sense something was off with Dexter, his aura?
Was radiating with rage she though.
So she quickly picked up her smile "𝐒𝐨 𝐢 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐛𝐲 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧" she smiled hard.

A few people thanked them and Leo gives his biggest thanks.
Everyone digged in without a second thought besides Dexter.
He looked at the plate, his heart flutter.
He hated to admit it but it did smelt pretty good, but would it taste good? He doubt it but neither the less he picked up a fork and took a bite.

He paused as his taste buds were lighting up, he had never tasted so much pleasure in awhile.
The fact the last time he had a home cook meal this good was before he lost his girlfriend...