Chapter 9: The Monster You Created

The next day you woke up with you guest bed empty. 

Did you dream that stuff last night? You could then confirm that it was real when you saw how roughed up Promo's guest room was.

Damn!

You and Vi did the thing.

Wait! Speaking of Vi, you look to the side then up front noticing that it was just only you alone.

You try to sense her presence, but all you got was nothing.

Everything was all empty.

Could she... abandon you just like Noctis?

"Vi...?" you said sadly.

A wave of loneliness started to ache inside of you once again.

Jayce covered the dead boys eyes. He didn't want to kill children. His eyes shaking as the consequences of what he just did comes crashing into him. Enforcers have them swarmed, rifles raised. They're terrified.

"You didn't have a choice."  Vi says. She makes a gesture to the red-haired boy on the ground. Shefeels sick. "He knew what he was signing up for."

"We're don't here." Jayce tiredly stood up.

"We haven't even scratched the surface. Silco's still out there."

Jayce sighs— more of an angry huff than anything. "Do you not understand? I'm part of this now! I— The next message a parent gets that their kid isn't coming home.... I don't even know where to take it. Do we just leave him here?"

"You've always been a part of this!"  Vi says. She looks damn close to anger. "You just never had to look it in the eye. One dead kid? There's hundreds more where he came from, thanks to Silco, and thanks to people like you who stuck their heads in the dirt!"

"This is over." Jayce says, looking to Vi on his left.

"Not for me" Vi says, clenching her gauntlet fists.. It's time to go.

"Take those off." Jayce demands, pointing to Vi's gauntlets before grabbing his hammer. 

Steam hissed out of Vi's gauntlets as she glared at him. "Make me." she dared.

 "I can't let you leave with them."

"Then I guess your gonna need to kill another trencher."

Those words hit Jayce as Vi hold her ground and ready to fight him off who wins.

For a moment, Vi thought Jayce is going to use the Mercury Hammer on her. The look in his eye certainly says it. But she look past that, look at the tiredness, and she doesn't feel fear at all. 

Jayce purses his lips— the hammer clanks as it shifts into a neutral position, "You won't make it alone." he stated and he starts walking away.

He was right, Vi wouldn't make it alone. That's why she knew who she needed the most right now and that was you.