21. Hockey

Mr. Park was a bright man, he loved cooking, hockey, and would even participate in helping out school activities. He was known around the town with the help of of wife, children practically loved him. The man was easily emotional than his wife, he cried when Chaeyoung graduated the first grade.

He loved his daughters equally, he was rather a family man than his friends. He always preferred to spend time with them rather than spending time to himself, he just loves his family dearly.

But when Alice and Chaeyoung grew, it pained him to see how they didn't want to hang out with him anymore. Alice was always with friends or out in general and Chaeyoung would hang out with her friends more than she did with him. Mrs. Park had to tell him that they were not going to want to spend as much time with him, that made him cry. His daughters were living their own lives.

The man would sit on the couch with a slight frown on his face rewatching old hockey matches in the TV, Alice would be gone and Chaeyoung was hanging out with her friends upstairs.

"Mr. Park?"

He looks over seeing Jisoo staring at him confused, alongside with a tall girl with long hair and bangs besides her.

"What are you watching?" Lisa asked glancing over at the TV.

"Hockey."

"Hockey? What's that?" Jisoo questions as Lisa's eyes were glued on the screen.

"Is it some sort of show?" Lisa asks looking back at him.

"You two don't know hockey?" He questions rather surprise to see their heads shake "no."

"Well, you two want to watch it?" He offered.

"Sure!" The two joined him on the couch with curiosity.

"So hockey is basically people skating on ice with sticks to hit the puck into the net." He described in simplest terms.

"Woah, that guy is bleeding!" Lisa gasps seeing the man bleeding onto the ice.

"Hockey seems dangerous." Jisoo looked at him with a frown.

"That's hockey, you really never watched this?"

"No sir, my grandparents don't allow me to watch TV." Jisoo answered turned her head to the TV as she hears Lisa's comments.

That was the start. Because after one game, it became two, then three, than many to count. Mr. Park was happy to share his interest with new people who didn't know anything about it, his face would light up as he would sometimes pick up Jisoo and Chaeyoung from school.

During the car rides, it was chatter about hockey with Chaeyoung would get involved knowing somethings about it. Mr. Park was happy to have Jisoo show some interest in it, he felt like he had a friend. It would even make Mrs. Park and Chaeyoung a bit jealous seeing how the two bonded over something so little, Jisoo was always over at the household so it made hockey days fun. With Jisoo around, it felt like she was apart of the family.

Well, she pretty much was since she was always at their house.

When the time came where Chaeyoung and Jisoo told them they were dating, it made the brunette fear the man. Mr. Park stood up with a stern look on his face and pulled her into a hug, it made everyone happy seeing how the man laughed with joy.

"Dad, you're going to kill her." Chaeyoung jokes as Jisoo laughs nervously.

"Although you're dating my daughter Kim, I won't hesitate to bury you in the ground beneath us."

"O-of c-c-course sir." Jisoo gulped as she looked at Chaeyoung with fear.

"Dad!"

"I'm just kidding...I meant it." He whispered to the girl before letting her go, "Well! This calls for a celebration!"

The man walked into the kitchen causing his wife to shake her head and follow, Mr. Park liked to celebrate a lot of things.

"I'm sorry for that." Chaeyoung apologized.

"It's fine, you're dad is funny." Jisoo smiles, "plus he approves."

"I know, my dad is just... Being dad?" Chaeyoung jokes, "wanna watch some TV?"

"Sure!"

"No funny business, Kim!"

"DAD!"

"Outside?" Jisoo offered.

"Definitely."

The two girls walked outside with their hands held, Chaeyoung laughs out loud as Jisoo spins her around on the porch. The girl smiled bright while the brunette gave her a look,

"You're dumb." Chaeyoung giggled.

"Dumb for you~" Jisoo winked

"Flattery won't get you anywhere."

"It got me you."

"But will it get me to marry you?"

"We'll have to wait and see."