Chapter Eight- Guh Suck Yuh MADa (part one)

Malikai

"A meeting at your apartment was an unexpected choice," Denton laughed as he walked into my apartment in a suit as usual.

I'm standing in the kitchen pouring us both a glass of Bourbon. I've decided a gray marina and pants were fitting for this meeting since a my yard mi deh. "It's an honor."

"Denton let's not be so formal, I handed him a glass and him take it and took a seat at the counter. The scenario was making me look like bartender, so mi move.

"This is fine Bourbon,"He admired the liquid in this glass.

I took a seat beside him, "I'm glad you like it, it's over a hundred years old."

"Boasty eee" He laughed.

"On my good days,"

"Well, for your age you have a lot of accomplishments," he took another sip, "You have every rahtid right fi boasty."

Mmmm.

"Yuh neva tell a lie." I took a sip.

Mi mind a race with many thoughts. Some rational...some pure rass evil. But, I have to stay focused. Mi can't mek nuttn get inna the way.

"Suh, you know I don't like to drag our our meetings, mi simply nuh have the time."

"And mi respect that-"

"Wait, nuh cut mi"

The look inna him eyes darkened as him see the seriousness inna mine.

"Alright, my bad, go ahead."

I took a breath and leaned back on the counter.

"Good, because I wanted to speak with you about my mother."

Denton took a deep breath in and placed his glass down on the counter.

"Why?"

"Well, you've made it clear you two have done or are still doing business together," keep calm, Kai. "I just want to know what those businesses entail."

He cleared his throat, " Well, she's more an investor in my businesses than anything. She gives me capital-"

"A nuh that mi a ask yuh." Dah bredda ya a guh round me. "Mi wah know the specific businesses-- you've made it clear that you do the dark and grimey shit, and mi bout ready fi know wah specifically you a deal in."

"This is a serious ask, Malikai."

"And I know for sure mi nuh look like mi a fuck around,Mr Denton."

His eyes shot to me, and I looked him dead inna fi him. See seh mi nah play around please deh, please. Mi na'ave the energy.

"You wanna know what I've been dying to ask you," He grinned. "Eager man."

Bomboclaat man ya man!

"Mr Denton-"

"Well there are a few businesses, a few off the books and others-" He poured himself another glass. "Young man, if I tell you, you're as good as dead."

"Again, mi neva ask yuh dat."

"Alright, well, since you're willing to die if this gets out, I suppose as your business partner I have no choice," He smiled. " I run an international chain that supplies the rich and powerful with whatever they want."

"Blackmarket?"

"You can call it that."

"What do you specialize in,"