Chapter 4 Moment of Weakness

The Cheiftess tells them that they can take a shortcut through a more creepy pathway, which would lead to the old ruins of the Old Breezegale location, which both Huepow and Aero would be cautious of. This was due to the ghosts and how foggy it was there, not to mention how dangerous it'll be, but they pressed onward. No matter what happens, they needed to stay determined. Once they arrived, it appeared to be just some old ruins, as the cabbit makes his way into the area. There were of course the standard Moos, however the further in they went, the ring spirit noticed a sudden change in Aero's additude. He was in a way that would describe one when they feel that those they care about, are in the sign of danger. How he seemed to be increasing his jumping skills and how much higher he was able to go, how somewhat brutal he was with incoming enemies and used them on others or to solve the puzzles at a much quicker pace. It was if a part of the cabbit was someone whom Huepow wasn't familiar with. It was when they nearly fell down from a very high cliff, was when the spirit felt that he needed to tell the cabbit that he cannot be reckless.

Huepow: Klonoa, Klonoa watch your step! W-woah watch out!

Aero: Sorry Huepow, but I can't stop now, any moment longer and Grandpa will be in greater danger! We can't let Joka get away with this!

The way he sounded, was both serious yet fearful. It was clear at how worried he was, but the other half appeared to be more of a more primal state of mind. Huepow even noticed how Aero's pupils were more like that of a wild cat's, along with how wild his fur had become. With some careful jumping, and well timed enemy uses. It was when they had to pass through areas that were breaking apart, along with some swing type platforms. This time was different, and something made Aero a bit nervious and even hesitated, he would have close calls with almost slipping or almost falling off. This brought the cabbit back to a moment when him and Klonoa got lost one time within the ruins they were exploring. And how both were frighten by the scenery and ghosts that would mess with the brothers. But oddly enough it was Klonoa who gained the courage to make it through, while Aero wasn't a fan of being scared he got some encouragement from his brother, that they can make it home together. Now he's had to relive it, and how he realized that he was in over his head.

Aero: WAH!

Huepow: What's wrong Klonoa, it's just some swings.

Aero: It-it's not that, it's the way these guys keep messing with me!

Huepow could tell that Aero was in sign of fear, which was helping the cabbit not to be so risky. The ring spirit knew he needed to help him, so that they both can make it to where they needed to hurry to.

Huepow: Listen Klonoa, I know your scared, everyone has things that scare them. But you said it yourself, we cannot waste anymore time! Let's get there before Joka!

Even though Aero was still feeling anxious, he knew that Huepow was right. He couldn't stop now, they needed to pick up the pace. When Aero thought about it, and how his brother would think if he did acted like a scaredy cat during a serious moment. Let alone how he was acting before.

Flashback

Klonoa: Come on Aero, we're almost out!

Aero: I don't know about this Klonoa, it looks slippery!

Klonoa: What's the matter?

Aero: I just, I just. . .

Klonoa: Aero, are you scared? You know you don't have to lie, i'm scared too. But I know that if I stay, then I wouldn't get to go home.

Aero: . . .I'm sorry Klo, I didn't think we would end up going too far, let alone getting us lost. This is my fault. . .

He sits down, hugs his knees and shaking. Klonoa makes his way over and grabs his brother's hands, giving him a serious look, in his best way a little kid could muster.