Chapter 7 The Final Battle and Closure

Aero finds himself within a void of nothingness, the feeling of his body was numb, he could not move no matter how hard he tried. His heart faintly beating but his mind was still working. It was swirling with questions. After defeating such a dangerous foe, only for his body to reach it's limit, and how confused and scared he was feeling. If Klonoa could do it, why couldn't he? How did it turn to out this way? But most of all, was he not able to help despite being summoned and all he has done?

Aero could feel himself both frustrated and terrified yet tears were also forming in his eyes. In his heart he felt he has failed those whom he made a promised to, , , to those of Phantomile, to Huepow but most of all, his brother Klonoa. He felt that he wasn't able to wake up. It was like something was pressing him to remain asleep and in this void of nothingness, which Aero never had this happen to him before. As the darkness surrounds him, with his voice only coming out as a weak whimper.

Aero: Klonoa, , ,i'm, so sorry. I thought I was strong enough. I tried all I could, to try and help understand the struggles you have gone through. . .But I guess in the end, I was bound to fail. . .Mom, Dad, grandpa, aunty, , ,Guntz. . . i'm sorry too.

When he was about to accept his fate, a voice called out to him, a familiar one he hadn't heard in awhile. Aero used his eyes to look around, wondering where it was coming from. What stood above him, was the vacant yet familiar figure of a gold and black wolf. His old best friend Guntz. He looked different, and yet somehow Aero could tell it was really him. This made the cabbit speechless. He was taller and his color became more like his father, if not tan coated. He was wearing the bounty hunting gear, while looking at him with both a worried yet serious expression.

Guntz: Are you really going to give up now? Come on Aero, you're better then this!

Aero: Guntz, , ,is that really you?

Guntz: Do you know any other gold and black wolf with fire arms?

Aero: But why are you here, no how are you here?! I must be going crazy after what happened! Maybe Ghadius's lightning must've fried parts of my brain.

Guntz: I heard you calling out for help, call me crazy but there's a part of me that didn't want to see you give up.

Aero: I'm confused, why? I thought you made it clear that you no longer wanted to be friends with me. Why would I need help from someone who just up'd and abandoned me huh?

It was pretty clear that the cabbit was both hurt yet angry, this was due to him still feeling pretty shaken up from the battle, while the wolf had his ears back. It was something he would do whenever he felt bad or even scared. Even if Aero had not seen the wolf in awhile, that argument still stayed fresh in his mind. Guntz then got his act together as he was here to help get the cabbit back on his feet.

Guntz: Look Aero I don't have enough time! You have to get up, there are people counting on you!

Aero: I can't Guntz, my body took too much damage already from the two big fights, I'm still recovering from that one with Joka! Not to mention it feels like i'm dying!

That was when Guntz stopped for a moment, yes it was pretty clear that the cabbit did look hurt, yet could tell that he still had some fighting spirit in him. He just needed motivation, so he just simply bonked him in the head.

Guntz: You're being a drama queen! Damn it Aero, what would your brother think if he saw you like this. I'm sure he wouldn't want you to quit. He needed your help, are you really going to give up, despite all you have gone through, and make it up to this point, just so you can quit? That's not the Aero I know! The Aero I know has a strong heart, and a stubborn yet determined additude! So I'll ask you, are you really going to give up after all you've gone through?! Or are you going to get back up, and take out that monster?!