Chapter 6 Face off with the Nightmare King

While in his sleep, he couldn't help but hear a voice, he wasn't sure what it was at first. He assumed it must be Huepow, but the voice became more clear, it sounded like that of a girl. Only she was speaking to him in a hopeful tone.

"You have come a long way, I had been waiting."

Aero: You, , ,who are you? 

"I am the one who is trapped within the darkness. The one trapped by the dark spirit."

Aero: Wait, , ,you're the Songtress?! But hows that possible?

"I am only able to use enough of my power to speak with you. . .Your journey, I know has not been easy. I know your brother has been able to pull off this task.   

Aero: You knew my brother huh. . .Well I knew he would be ready for anything. Yet after this adventure, I could tell he was hurting. 

"You care deeply for him, along with those who have effected your life. I only ask, what is it that made you want to help him?"

Aero: . . . It's cause, i'm his big brother. And I want to understand why Huepow did that to him. . .Seeing all of this, makes me appreciate how much he's gone through, both the good and the bad. I just wish that it was more of a normal meeting.

"Do you hate him? For what he has done to your little brother?"

Aero: Not as much, but I know when this is over, I'd want to find out for myself.

"It's good to know that, despite all that has happened, your heart is in the right. Remember to be brave. Ghadius is waiting, be careful for he is far more powerful then any foe you have faced before, , ,But I do believe you will achieve victory."

Aero found himself waking up from his sleep, his senses returning and was looking around. He could see that the sun had begun to set, and how he felt that they would need to go to the Moon Kingdom, and face against the dark spirit. Aero looked down at the sleeping prince, who appears to be in a peaceful state. The cabbit took the time to reflect upon all that's happened on this adventure. All the inhabitants they met, the locations and how much him and Huepow had been through. It made him understand how much Klonoa did what he had to do, and it's no wonder the pain and heart broken it was for him to leave. Getting to know Huepow personally and how he was willing to help and do what he can to help his people and those of other lands. He's starting to see that he too must've been pushed into doing this without much of a choice.

Aero: Huepow. . .I see why Klonoa saw you as a friend. You aren't a horrible person, rather someone who's trying their hardest to fix this mess that Ghadius made. But I don't fully understand, why my brother? What did you see in him that you needed his help? But mostly, why do that to him? He would've helped if you had just asked? . . .When this is over, i'll get the answers I came for. 

When he finished he hears Huepow waking up, letting out a yawn and getting the sleep from his eyes.

Aero: Hey there sleepyhead, boy you sure were tired.

Huepow: Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to fall asleep on you!

Aero: It's no trouble, besides I kind of took a nap myself so no harm done.

Huepow: Oh ok, , ,you know Klonoa, I never really said this before, but your fur is really soft.

Aero: You really think so?

Huepow: Yeah it was very soft where I felt like I was on a cloud.

Aero: Well glad I could provide that heh heh.

Huepow: How're your injuries, are they better?

Aero: They don't hurt as much like before, so I should be good to continue.

Huepow: That's good to hear, I thought it wasn't good enough.

Aero: Huepow why would you think that? You've really helped me out when I was in trouble. Even at my lowest moments and to be honest I couldn't have asked for a better partner, let alone a friend.

Huepow: You, you really mean that Klonoa?

Aero: Yeah, ever since we started this journey, I felt like I got a better understanding of you. And we've come this far haven't we?

Huepow: . . .You're right. I guess I'm just nervious about having to go into a place where Ghadius will be. But I'm going to try and be brave!

Aero: There you go, that's the spirit! We'll do this together, and take down that creep for good.