Prologue

The Untold Path of our Story

One true love meets again after a cold one sided break-up 10 years ago.

As she was reviewing the project, all she could think about is what could happen to her when she goes back to the place where her great love lives. Did he actually wait for her or he's now in love with a lady that's more worthy of his love?

She's still debating if she'll accept the project but more likely she didn't have a choice but to accept it. It's a condominium building project. It was a huge one because the client really came to the main office in Barcelona just to propose and convince the company to build her dream business.

"The project has already been approved, Veronica. All you got to do is to go there and finish it then go back here" Bryan said, one of the lead Engineers in their company. He was the one who convinced her to do the project since she's the only architect who's familiar in that place.

"I know, It's just that, I've never been to this place for 10 years now." She responded. Bry gave her a comforting smile that gives assurance that everything will go in place.

"Make up your mind, love. It's gonna be okay! And you need a vacation too, at least you have your family back there, right?" Bry answered, and she gave him a small smile as a sign of appreciation.

When she got home from work, she packed her things and tried to console herself for this big step in her life.

Two days later, she found herself staring outside the airport.

"Finally home" she whispered as she saw her mom and dad came rushing to greet her a calming welcome.

They travelled to their house and had the biggest feast she'd never had for years. With great company they shared stories and laughter while eating.

Afterwards, she's now getting ready for bed. It was already past 10pm and jet lag was already hitting her hard in her head but looking around her room, she realized that it was still the same room that she left and made her emotional. The pictures that are posted on her wall beside her table are still there. The mirror that he puts in a lot of post-its notes is still there. The sketch that she did for him was still in a frame. The yarn roses are dusty displayed on her side table. And the bracelet that says "My moon, Veronica" is on her safe acrylic box beside her lamp.

Everything doesn't seem to change. Even her heart still beats the same.

While him, he was out there somewhere, trying to solve a case of murder. It was a stressful week for him. He cannot even catch the culprit of this crime. It was well planned as he said. He was assigned the most difficult task because he is just excellent at his job.

After reading a lot of statements and puzzling things inside his office, he looks up the clock and decided to go home for a rest but then he didn't even remember what day today is.

It was his 2nd anniversary with Rachelle Elena Sanchez. She has planned everything in their unit. A surprise perhaps.

As he entered his unit with a sign of hopelessness in his case and a flicker of anger for himself, he only tried to keep it all in when he opened the lights and saw candles around the house.

"Happy Anniversary!" She cheered while holding a cake. Despite what he's feeling, he still smiled and hugged her.

"I'm sorry, I'll just take you out this weekend" he whispered to her ears.

"No worries! I know you're tired, and I am so busy tomorrow until next Saturday!" She answered. She's a jolly person, an independent entrepreneurial woman, she never gets angry towards him because that's just how she is.

They had their dinner afterwards and because of tiredness he slept during their movie time. She just understands him, trying to.

The next day he woke up too early and went to work. He didn't even leave a note for Elena.

He was still solving his case when a lady walked in, and was assisted by his colleagues. He didn't mind that and was still going on these documents that are being studied for his case.

Little did he know it was the girl whom he's been grieving for. The only woman that can make him back to his old self. The greatest love he ever had is just there, getting her police clearance.