Chapter Twelve

-- Her POV --

"Today's appointment is meeting with Miss Sanchez, checking the site po, and meeting with Mr. Delton for a project proposal po." Bungad sa akin ni Geraldine, my assistant. Yes, I'm still getting other projects while I'm here. Matagal talagal pa naman matatapos yung project with Miss Sanchez kaya mas okay na rin kung pagsasabayin yung iba.

"Noted. Have you sent my project design to Bryan and other colleagues? The one that I sent thru email?" I asked and rode the elevator.

"Yes ma'am, Sir Bryan said that the design should be proposed today to Ms. Sanchez." Tumango naman ako sa kanya and pagkatuntong sa floor namin ay pumasok na agad ako sa office.

I fixed the proposal and checked my email for the rest of the hour before the meeting with Sanchez. Bryan just gave me a hot chocolate when he went here. We didn't talk that much because we were both busy today.

Yesterday I fell asleep, forgetting where my thoughts were.  When I woke up this morning mom and dad did not talk about what happened last night. Instead, they both cheered me up and told stories about Mang Tino and his wife, on how they meet and how he is now.

When I moved to America, Mang Tino moved to our province to take care of my grandparents. Yes, they're still alive right now, healthy and kicking. My grandparents decided to build a farm for business and family needs. Mang Tino helped them for 6 years but when he met Manang Hilda they decided to move out and build their own family and business. My family helped him to build his automotive business and it's growing so fast. Unluckily they didn't have the chance to be a parent since they are both old now, his wife's already at the menopausal stage. But I heard they adopted 2 boys and the boys are currently in college right now.

I'm proud of his success, I may not be there when they started but I am really really genuinely proud of Mang Tino. Sabi ko nga, kuya ko na siya, at siya lang ang matuturing kong kapatid.

My thoughts are clouded when Geraldine knocks on my door. "Ma'am, the client's ready." She said with a smile and I smiled then nodded to her. I stood up and took my laptop with me, with confidence I entered the conference room. And I saw Miss Sanchez wearing a full on leather bodysuit that looks very uncomfortable. Did she forget that she's living in a 2 seasoned country? Geez. I sat beside Bryan and he kicked me on my feet then I saw how red he is for hiding his laugh. Oh my gosh!

"Good morning everyone! Welcome to the office Miss Sanchez. Shall we start the meeting?" I said with authority, everyone nodded and I stood up and presented my final design. There are some suggestions from Sanchez but some don't make sense at all but as an architect I would do the best I could to incorporate all that she wanted. On the other hand Bryan's pissed with all the suggestions she does.

"Okay, anymore suggestions?" I waited for anyone to suggest but no one dared to speak. "Okay, this is the final design keep in mind everyone that there might be changes and it can be due to safety or material issues. Now, Miss Sanchez, are you willing to sign the contract?" I politely ask her.

"Yes, I've already signed it actually." She said and handed over the envelope. Our company lawyer took it and confirmed that it was signed. We welcomed Sanchez to the project and we shook hands. The next thing we have to do now is to visit the site. Tomorrow will be the blessing of the land, and the start of the project.

I got home so late dahil sa Tagaytay pa yung lupa. Mom and dad are already asleep and I haven't eaten anything. I went straight to the kitchen but there was no food. Freak! I'm so hungry talaga! I drove thru to the nearest fast food and ordered chicken, spaghetti, coke, burger, and fries. I didn't have the chance to eat lunch and dinner because my meetings are back to back. There were clients that wanted to personally talk to me and it got crazy before going to Tagaytay.