Chapter Ten

-- His POV --

Maaga akong uuwi ngayon dahil sila Guevarra na ang magtutuloy ng imbestigasyon. I want all of my colleagues especially the new ones to get their first successful case.

Pagkauwi ko ay mukhang hindi pa nakakadating si Elena. Kaya naman instead of relaxing, I made dinner for us. Para makabawi man lang. I cooked beef broccoli, bulalo, and buttered shrimp. All her favorite foods... yata. Pagkatapos ko naman magluto, naligo na ako and ordered flowers for her.

After an hour, I finally heard keys unlocking the door. So I stood up and held the flowers with a smile plastered on my face. Pagkapasok niya ay hindi niya pa ako napansin at tinalikuran ako para magpalit ng tsinelas.

"I'm home" malamyang sabi niya habang nakatalikod, kaya niyakap ko siya para maramdaman niya ang presensya ko at binigay yung bouquet.

"O my gosh! Babe!! You don't have too!" She was surprised and turned to me.

"You deserve this Elena." I said it with a smile. To be honest, I never called her any sweet nicknames. I just don't feel like it.

"Thank you." She hugged me so tight at kumalas nung makita ang handa ko sa likod. "Wow" she said.

"Your favorites." Sabi ko naman at napatingin siya sa akin.

"Thank you babe!! I'm sorry I'm really exhausted." She said and held my hand tight.

"Tell me about it, but first, let's have dinner." I said then guided her to her seat. I poured her some wine and kissed her on her cheeks then I took my seat.

"Belated Happy Anniversary Elena! Cheers!" I said and clang our wine glasses.

While having dinner we're speaking about how her day went. And I honestly don't know how to console her.

"Gosh babe! That Architect and Engineer are absolutely hate me. Sabi nila they can't just start the project unless I've sign another contract with them. It's too sketchy kasi nakapagsign na ako sakanila ng contract when I traveled to Barcelona, doon yung main office ng company nila." Pagkukwento niya.

"You can hand me the papers later so I can review it. Only if you want too." I said trying my best to console her.

"I'll send you thru email na lang, kasi I gave the printed copy to Attorney Harold." She replied and I just nodded.

After a long dinner, she decided to go to bed already. She also sent me the contract before she slept. I went to my office room, and downloaded the file but before I could even open the file, Guevarra called me.

"Boss, we have the location of the suspect." Guevarra stated.

"That's good. Giving you the permission to go with back up A and B. I'll be in the location in a minute." I said with authority and ended the call. Before going to closet I made sure that I already downloaded the file and save it on my USB.

I woke Elena up to say my goodbyes and she just kissed me to answer. I went straight up to the location after changing. And when I arrived, they already have the suspect. After that we went back to the station and they proceeded with questioning. While I went to my office to reevaluate my colleagues reports. This is gonna be a long night.

After reevaluating the reports, I decided to rest for a bit and took my office laptop and went ourside for a coffee. The station is just near at my coffee shop. I did moved out from there ever since she left. I wanted to forget her so bad that I never even went here for a coffee until 5 years ago. I realised that I still want to be close to her presence.