Chapter Seven

-- Her POV --

"The project has already been approved, Veronica. All you got to do is to go there and finish it then go back here." Bryan said. Like as if he'll understand.

"I know, it's just that.. I've never been to that place for 10 years now" I eagerly responded but he only gave me a comforting smile, he's assuring me that everything's gonna be fine.

"Make up your mind, love. It's gonna be okay! And you need a vacation too, at least you have your family back there, right?" I just smiled, I  really appreciate him as my one true friend here in the office.

After work I knew I had to shop my pasalubongs for mom and dad, and  pack. I still have a choice but going home isn't too bad to do. I know Apollo and I won't cross our paths anymore.

It's been 4 years since I recovered my memories. Every bit of it I believe.

10 years ago, Apollo and I were on our way to an island. The pilot of the yacht did not really check the whole state of the yacht. There was a machinery failure that caused the explosion of the yacht. Unluckily, we were in the bow area of the boat and the impact of the explosion threw us to the ocean and a huge piece of metal hit my head. I passed out and drowned. They said Apollo and the Pilot saved me and rushed me to the hospital. Apollo had minimal injuries while I stayed in the hospital for 4 days, I was in comatose.

After that, I woke up with no memories of anyone. Not even the course that I was studying. It's like learning all over again. I really tried to remember everything especially Apollo. He never went out of my sight since the day I woke up. He gave me flowers every single day. Heaven knows I tried and tried and tried. But then I can't take my surroundings anymore. I got tired of letting these people surround me and force me to remember things. That's when I told my parents that I want to study Architecture. A new journey for my washed out memories. They agreed and processed my paper within 2 days.

An hour before my flight, Apollo showed up to our house again. That's when I broke the news to him.

"Apollo, I appreciate your gestures but no matter how much I force it, I still can't remember you. I wanted to know you again but this is too much for me. Whatever we have right now and before everything else, is not working anymore Apollo." I densely said.

"A-are you breaking up with me?" With disbelief a tear fell down.

"Yes Apollo" I said. He did not answer me so I spoke again. "You are a loving person, for days of knowing you. I know you took care of me, and I really really appreciate that. I'm sorry Apollo. I really do." He's still speechless so I continued "I have to go Apollo, I'll be late on my flight." I stood up but he held my hand.

"Don't go Veronica." His voice is cracking, and his hands are shivering.

"I have too. It's for me Apollo." I said with teary eyes.

"I need you here Veronica. You're my life, my fucking moon! And I--" I cut him off.

"And I can still be your moon Apollo, but I will never be your life. Maybe I've loved you before, but I don't feel the same way now." And the tears fell out of my eyes. "Let me go, please?" I begged him.

He looked at me with so much pain and stood up. He wiped his eyes with his other hand and took something in his pocket.

I saw a silver bracelet, there were engraved words on it "My Moon, Veronica"

"Happy Monthsary, Veronica. You may not love me now, but I know someday you will remember me, and you'll realize how much you love me." He said with tears flowing from his eyes. He let go of my hand and put the bracelet on my table. He walked away and never looked back.