Part 16: Akainu's Hunch...

In the Marine Headquarters...

Some well known officers sit in the office enjoying tea in front of Akainu...

He had made a call with a marine who was near the growing battlefield at the center...

He taps the table as he smokes a cigar...

"A-Akainu!...I did not expect you to-

"How's Admiral Estel, I expect he will lead the Marines to achieving the treasure...Im in a good mood so im calling you to give me intel..."

The marine kept quiet thinking of how to put it out...

"Admiral...Estel...I've been told by others that he has been completely annihilated, i didn't believe it at first till i..."

The marine thinks back to when he saw Estel who was chagrined, tied to a log on the shore...The shock from the sight still haunts the marine...

"Sir...Admiral Estel has been defeated..."

Akainu's smirk wore off quickly...

"MARINE! What are you doing as of now!"

"I-Im sailing with squad 16 led by Division G-5..."

"MAKE SURE YOU RISK YOUR LIFE GETTING THAT TREASURE ,MARINE! THAT ORB IS NOTHING BUT TROUBLE IN THE WRONG HANDS!"

*KERCHACK*

Akainu drops the call before the marine could respond...

The officers in the room sip their tea intrigued by the turn of events...

He then calls the alliance he heard of that had connections to Estel, he did not know they were of evil and assumed they were good backup for the marines...

*pululululu*

*pulululululu*

*pululululu*

*pululululu*

*pululululu*

*pulululu*

"W...Why aren't they answering!?"

Akainu calls again...

*pululululu*

*pululululu*

*pululululu*

*pululululu*

*Kerchack*

"Hello!? Anyone there!?"

Akainu immediately heard an inferno taking most of the sound in the call...

No one had answered...

"Hello!?...Hello!?"

...

...

"H-Hi, who is this!?"

A firefighter who was sent to extinguish the fire found the Transponder snail lying in the centre of the building...

Akainu stares into the transponder snail with unease...

"You're speaking to Akainu, W-what the hell is going on!?"

"A-Akainu, how could i forget such a household name...I-Im in a burning building, i found some survivors and ordered as many as i could to pull them out this building, im not sure if you know these people if i may ask?"