Chapter 2 Sierra 117

So we've got two options.

Move as quietly as we can, or shoot anything that moves.

Chief?

Chief: Do you really need to ask?

Aris: Loud it is!

The Spartan III pumped his shotgun, a gust of wind blowing at the fauna surrounding them as they began to venture deeper into the forest. The Arbiter ignited his Energy Sword and hacked away at the vines and plants in their way, the team stomping through a small creek as the distant hums of Phantoms clashed with the chirps of the natural wildlife.

Athena: Bravo, this is Noble. Package secured. Fall back to the extraction point.

Bravo: (COM) Roger that, Bravo out.

The Master Chief glanced to his fellow Spartans.

Chief: You aren't the only ones here?

Arbiter: You are humanity's angel and the Covenant's demon.

Athena: And thus, the highest priority on both sides.

The sounds of cascading water got louder as they began to climb a series of rocks, the Phantom seemingly growing near as they reached the top of the hill. . .

Spread out, you whelps! Find them!

The Brute Major barked out orders from atop a toppled log, the Grunts waddling about and whining, water splashing about as they travelled up the stream. . .

The thunderous crack of an ignition alerted the Brute, but it was too late, the energy sword piercing through his spine and protruding out of his chest!

Arbiter: The Prophets are liars, but you are fools to do their bidding!

Thel 'Vadam kicked the corpse off the ledge and let out a terrifying roar, the Grunts shrieking as their leader hit the ground! The coordinated bangs of two Magnums silenced the fodder, the two Spartans marching past the bodies as a Phantom descended over the end of the stream, water falling to the depths below as Concussion Blasts and Plasma Bolts began to rain down on the jungle!

Another Brute Major and his horde of Grunts dropped from the bay of the aircraft, the Master Chief and the Arbiter firing down from the high ground with their Assault Rifle and Carbine respectively! The Brute quickly dropped a bubble shield, reflecting the projectiles. Suddenly, a mass dropped in from above and penetrated the shield, Aris crashing down into the shallow waters, golden visor glaring into the eyes of the Brute! A shotgun blast completely tore through the major's golden armor, the Spartan whirling to put a blast into the shield generator before kicking the Brute into the waterfall!

To the Grunts, it happened so quickly they barely had a moment to react, and before they knew it, the Heretic and the Demon had descended upon them. . .

Aris: How was that?

Chief: Flashy.

Athena: Boooo!