Chapter 3 Crow's Nest

Tell the Commander her ace is in the hole.

Kilo-2-3 descended into the stronghold, the ancient bunker beneath the rainforests of Africa. The Pelican touched down, its bay opening to reveal humanity's savior.

Marine 1: Hey, take a look!

Marine 2: It's him! We're gonna be alright!

Noble Six let out a chuckle as he hopped onto the landing platform, patting his fellow Spartan on the shoulder.

Aris: Someone's popular.

Athena: Shame there aren't any cameras.

Thel 'Vadam and Sergeant Johnson joined the Spartans as Commander Miranda Keyes marched up the stairs to meet them, her eyes landing on John-117. She couldn't help but drop her professionalism and happily smiled.

Miranda: Where'd you find him?

Aris: In a ditch. Who'd have thought trying to find a green guy in the middle of a jungle would take so long. . .

Miranda: Well, it is a nice shade of green. It's good to see you, Chief.

Chief: Likewise, ma'am.

They shook hands, the Commander snapping her fingers and immediately setting things into motion. Marines began moving supplies, transporting the wounded, preparing for battle.

Miranda: Let's get you up to speed.

The group began the trek to the command center, soldiers saluting the party of super-soldiers as they walked by. It was a surreal sight. None one, but two Spartans walked side by side with an Elite, with Johnson somehow managing to stand along with them.

Miranda: Truth's ships breached the Lunar perimeter, destroyed what was left of the home fleet. Terrestrial casualties from the subsequent bombardment were. . .

Athena: Not pretty. Good news is that most of the Covenant are only on our ass. (sighs) All of Truth's ships are here. They wiped New Mombasa off the map, and all that's left is a giant sinkhole. . .

As they entered the Ops Center, The Master Chief carefully eyed the blinking monitors on just about every surface.

Chief: What about Halo?

The Elite Warrior tossed a device onto a table, a violet hologram of a vast Forerunner construct flashing into being.

Miranda: That's what Truth found under the city.

Arbiter: The ring is now just a piece to a much larger puzzle. The bastard Truth seeks to light every ring with an artifact called. . .

The Ark.

Sierra-117 analyzed the structure before him, his vision blinking blue as whispers filled his ears. John shook his head, the world quickly returning to normal. . .

Technician: Ma'am. We have Lord Hood.

Miranda: Patch him through.