chapter 16 - the camp finale!

May had done more and more activities, ranging from simple minigames to larger competitions. It had greatly worn May out, and she wasn't so keen on doing anything else that day. She just wanted to rest for a bit, recover from the intensive activities.

May was tired, however, nobody else seemed as tired as she was. Most of the students were still happily chatting on and about, playing with game cards they had brought with themselves. She even had heard rumors that some people had snuck their phones in, which, wasn't allowed at all.

Everyone had eaten dinner, and now everyone was just relaxing a bit, nothing intensive going on at all. She had no idea if there would be any activities for that night, because the day after they would immediately head for the bus ride back home, so no activities would be held then.

May was relieved she was able to go home soon, she had seen Drew way too much, and, honestly, she wanted some time for herself without him constantly annoying her. Not just that, she had quite some awkward moments with him as well, and wasn't so keen on constantly having that awkwardness between them when they saw each other.

She now was casually laying in bed, with her hands beneath her head. She absentmindedly glared up at the ceiling, flat out ignoring all sounds that could be heard around her. She let her eyes flutter shut, simply enjoying the moment. And she was enjoying the moment, until a teacher stepped in.

'Hey you guys, the activity for tonight will be announced. Make sure you'll be in the main hall in about a minute or five, OK?' the teacher noted, turning around and closing the door, not even waiting for a response, only simply to deliver a message. 'So we will have an activity for tonight? I hope it'll be what we do at the end of camp every year..' one of the girls mumbled.

'Me too!' Another girl happily chimed in. 'And how about you, Drew? Are you excited for tonight's activity?' She asked, curiously turning her head to look at Drew. Drew dryly glared back at the girl before nodding. 'I guess,' he just answered, laying back into his bed. May opened her eyes to glare at Drew.

_______________________________

HARLEY'S POV

_____________________________

Harley was sitting on his bed, brainstorming ideas. He had planned plenty of things to ruin May's day, but Drew kept on getting in the way; though he wasn't sure wether he was on to him or not, it was hard to tell. 'Ey Harley, what're you thinking about?'

Harley snapped back to reality when his friend had called out to him. 'Oh! Heh, nothing.' He grinned, crossing his arms. 'Just thinking about the activities of tonight, y'know..' He lied, his eyes narrowing. 'About that.. do you guys think it'll be a dance party? Like they do every year?' one of the guys chimed in.

'I think!' Another guy answered. 'If so, I'm totally gonna ask to dance with Natalie,' he said proudly, lifting himself up from his bed. 'I'm really sure she's interested in me!' He grinned.

Harley's eyes widened; that was it! The dance party! The corners of his mouth cracked into a grin as he felt excitement fill his stomach. he snickered, the boys curiously glaring back at him. 'Yeah... I think I have an idea who I'll be asking to dance, then, too..'

____________________________

May was sitting down, her hands on her laps. It was announced that that night there would be a dance party held, including a moment of karaoke during the first half hour or the party. Something that May didn't know was that in the large hall, there was actually a sort of ball room, except kind of smaller.