Part 8

I tiredly held my bag as I walked out the gate.

When it comes to college, I can't lie about the fact that one gets distracted from time to time but you see today, I have never been so distracted in class.

I couldn't focus on anything even when I tried to which only caused more problems for myself because I received a long prep talk with a teacher on how this is my 'last warning'. 

All this stress was because of one man.

Dante Brambilla.

All I could think about were Luciana and Reina's words.

Was he really interested in a person like me? that question keeps running through my head to the point that it gave me a headache.

I groaned loudly at my disturbing state.

I sound ridiculous to even consider a man I just met. Besides, I'm way out of his league. Literally. 

***************

I walked into the mini restaurant that I work in and quickly greeted my co-workers. ''always late''.

Azeru laughed as he watched me rush to the bathroom to get changed. I laughed a little in return.

I don't necessarily consider him a friend but he's a pretty nice person to me unlike the rest of them. Always so damn bitter. 

I quickly got to work as I came out. This job was actually a fun one for me.

The only part I disliked was when men never knew how to behave themselves. Apart from that, I think it's pretty good so far.

I work as a waitress, unfortunately. Sometimes I envy Azeru, just because he gets to stay at the counter while I have to move around continuously.

It gets irritating, especially when you're on your period.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat down tiredly. My legs felt like it was about to give up on me.

I've been walking around for almost 5 hours. Right now, the time was around 8pm meaning it was almost time for closing.

I wasn't going to wait all the way till nine, my legs may not survive such work, so I decided to pack my bags now. 

''leaving already?'' Azeru's voice came from behind me.

I finished with my bag and rose my head to see him already looking at me.

''if I work any longer, I may pass out''. He laughed at my response.

''you can go, I'll cover up for you''. I smiled and thanked him before lifting my bag and leaving the kitchen.

I walked past the door, rushing to make my way out of the restaurant without looking at my surroundings. 

Without knowing, I bumped into someone which made me drop my bag.

I groaned angrily and picked up the bag. ''Can't you watch where you're going?''. I mumbled, clearly annoyed.

''Willa?''. I paused my actions when I heard my name. That voice is oddly familiar.

I quickly rose my head and was met with a certain green eyes and tan skin. Dante. 

I just stood and stared at him like the weirdo I am.

I didnt know what to say, not because I didnt want to but because I'm genuinely out of words.

''didn't think I would see you here''. He said with a slight smile. He seemed happy to see me, I think?.