Chapter 8: Sudden Ordeal

"Haruka! Are you okay?!" Airi transformed back into herself and raced to the large bear's side. Haruka became Haruka again, who was breathing heavily. Kohane saw blood flowing from a wound on her back. Shizuku transformed back and started checking on Haruka. A was still holding onto Kohane in a hug and Tsukasa and Minori looked horribly confused still holding their pillows and lamp. Nene looked at Haruka warily.

"Who shot that?!" An exclaimed. Kohane looked in the direction of her front door and her eyes widened. Akito's sticky with sweat was holding his small pistol. He looked at Kohane and sighed in relief.

"I heard Kohane scream and came running. Then I saw the big bear and instinctively shot it. I didn't know it was a girl..." Akito said. Shizuku stood up and sighed.

"She'll be fine. It should heal right about..." Shizuku cut herself off as the wound on Haruka's back started... Restitching itself together. The blood came flowing back into it until it looked perfectly unscathed. Haruka stood up and dusted her clothes. She glared at Akito, who was frozen in place.

"You can just do that?!" Akito yelled. Kohane blinked several times as she looked at Haruka. Nene came out of the room and stood in front of Haruka. She looked up at her.

"Now that we're all calm now, how about we sit down and have a talk hm?" Nene said with a hint of sarcasm. Haruka sighed and shrugged. "Fine. Now, one of you has to explain right about now."

Everyone was on the floor (as previously, Kohane's couch was destroyed) and Nene, Tsukasa, and A took turns explaining everything. Minori jumped into the conversation a couple times to clarify. Kohane and Akito sat next to each other in silence, listening to everything everyone was saying.

"So... That all happened?" Haruka said when the explanations as done. An nodded. "This isn't Kohane's fault. If it's anyone's, it's mine. So maybe try to refrain from shooting her?" An said. Haruka's gun disappeared into her pocket and she looked at Airi and Shizuku.

"Seems like a lot happened when you left Shiraishi. Haruka was as panicked as your father when you disappeared. She wanted to head down herself! But we already got a request from an anonymous person to kill that girl." Shizuku pointed at Kohane.

An scooted a bit closer to Kohane which made Akito raise an eyebrow. "This is the second time someone sent aliens to kill me..." Kohane sighed. "What's next is An's dad gonna come down himself and burn this house?" Akito said with heavy sarcasm.

"That wouldn't be likely. He's too busy anyway." Airi retorted. Akito rolled his eyes and mumbled something to himself. Possibly a few curses.

"This mystery is getting thicker by the second. We were also requested by an anonymous person to kill Azusawa too. But they also added in Hanasato." Nene said. Tsukasa scratched his head and the back of his bat ears. 

"Yeah it's weird. What alien would be so obsessed to kill this one human? It's not like she's getting any attention. No offense, Azusawa." Tsukasa quickly added in. 

"It's fine. I never wanted away attention to begin with..." She sighed. She noticed An and Haruka were staring at each other for a while. The room filled with tension in the air. Nene looked like she was about to break up the eye contact when An said,

"Alright how about this. If you're so worried about me how about you just stay on Earth too?" Nene slapped a her palm to her forehead. Haruka gave An a curious look. "... Only if Azusawa is fine with it." Haruka said. Airi gave her a perplexed look. 

"What?! But Haruka-."

"It's just to make sure, Airi. I don't fully trust Azusawa just yet."

"... Fine."

Haruka smiled. She then looked at Kohane, who got nervous as that blue gaze looked at her. Kohane already saw the question in her mind.

"Um... Y-Yes you three could... I just need to find more room..." Kohane stammered. Haruka nodded and Shizuku smiled. Airi still looked annoyed. Akito stood up and walked towards the door.

"Since this seems to be done, I'll be going now." Akito said. Kohane nodded. "Bye, Akito." She said. Akito curtly nodded but before he left, he looked at Haruka. "Um... Sorry for shooting you by the way..." He apologized. Haruka gave him a "it's alright" gesture and he walked out of the door. Tsukasa quickly stood up.

"I can help find rooms and stuff if you'd like, Azusawa." He said. Kohane was a bit taken aback but smiled. Maybe he was still trying to pay back for the messed up couch. "Thanks Tsukasa." He ran out of the room towards the back and Nene let out a heavy sigh and ran after him.

Kohane caught Minori staring at Haruka. She looked... Dazed? Was she alright? Kohane walked up to her with a concerned look. "Minori, are you okay? Minoriiii?" Kohane waved a hand in front of Minori's eyes. She seemed to snap back as she blinked and she jumped back.

"Sorry about that Kohane! I must have been day dreaming or something... Haha..." She giggled apologetically. Kohane looked at her with a strange look. "What?? Why are you looking at me like that?" Minori said when she saw Kohane's look. "Oh, it's nothing." Kohane said, obviously trying to hold back a grin.

Minori squinted at her but let it off. She walked off towards Tsukasa and Nene. Now Kohane was left with An, Haruka, Airi, and Shizuku.

"Maybe we should help Tenma and the others..." Shizuku said. To break the awkwardness, Kohane nodded and she was already walking towards them. She turned the corner of her hallway when she heard an earth shattering scream.

"*Was that Tsukasa?!*" Kohane ran towards it and came across a room with an open door. She looked inside and her eyes widened. 

"AHHHHHHHH IT'S COMING FOR US!!!! AGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" Tsukasa screamed.

What Tsukasa was screaming at, was a gigantic centipede crawling towards him.

Word Count: 987 Words