12 • I will follow you into the dark

| waiting for the hint of a spark |

Carol and Glenn took Bea, Haley and Lennon into the prison, where there were more reunions due.

"Hey, guys, got a surprise for you," Glenn tapped on the side of a cell, where out came Lori, Carl and Beth curiously.

"What is it - Bea?!" Beth hugged Bea tightly.

"Bea, you made it, we thought..." Lori was next to hug the girl, her respect still there for the friendship that was formed with her son.

"I thought you were dead," Carl hugged Bea from behind, the older girl turning around and hugging him properly, "I thought I lost a friend again."

"Don't worry, Carlton, I'm right here buddy," Bea brushed the hair out of his face from under his hat.

Maggie, walked out of the cell looking solemn, but joined in too in greeting Bea.

"Daddy, he's not well," Maggie pointed her head towards the cell, leading Bea in and seeing the shock on her face when she saw only one leg.

"His leg..." Bea gasped, holding her hands up to her mouth.

At this point, Lennon poked his head through to see who everyone was gathering around.

"So he's like a pirate now?"

"Lennon, get back out here," Haley scolded, pulling him back.

"Maggie, Beth, I'm sorry, he'll pull through though, he's strong," Bea said to the two girls, who she hoped wouldn't be mourning any time soon.

Maggie rested a hand on Bea's shoulder in thanks.

Carl moved away from his defensive spot at the front of the cell to see who was approaching, Bea following.

"Kid?" Daryl seemed shocked at the sight of the girl.

"Hey," Bea smiled awkwardly, scratching the back of her neck.

"I don't believe it..." Rick pulled the girl in for a short hug, hand resting on the back of her head, "good to see you, Bea."

"How did you...?" T-dog asked, shocked too.

"Had some help," Bea shrugged, and went to introduce Haley and Lennon before seeing Rick's annoyed face.

Luckily, Carl changed the subject.
"Hershel stopped breathing. Mom saved him."

Rick immediately went in the see the man who was peaceful in his unconscious state.

"They don't want us here, do they," Haley said to Bea.

"I'm sure it'll work itself out. You guys are survivors too. Deserve to be here as much as I do."

Daryl gestured Bea to come over as everyone watched Hershel wake up, subtly looking at Haley and Lennon and ready to defend the group. Well, against the woman moreso than the kid.

Watching the tender moment, Bea couldn't help but notice people were missing.

"Where's Andrea? Patricia, Jimmy? And Shane?" she questioned quietly, catching Lori's attention.

"They didn't make it, hun," she shook her head.

"They didn't... oh, it's, well, I found this," Bea dug around in her bag and pulled out the picture she had kept with her. The one of Shane and the young girl, Serena.
"Her name was Serena, I think."

"How did you find this?" Lori was in shock.

"I had been looting. Must have been her house."

Lori took it and put it aside.
"You, brought this with you even though..."