Chapter 8: The Cave of Palismen

Today was a big day for Hexside. Today, was the big grudgby game against Glandus High. Leon was wandering the halls with Willow and Gus towards the entrance, about to meet up with the other students.

Gus: This is gonna be great. I've been practicing my flag waving. *demonstrates his flag waving*

Leon: *chuckles* You certainly have. I can't wait to see Boscha in action.

Willow: I thought you hated her?

Leon: I do, but I still admire her commitment to the field.

Willow: I guess that makes sense. I hope Luz and Crystal get here in time.

Leon: I'm sure they will, they wouldn't miss something like this.

Gus: Let's hope they get here, we're about to take off.

The trio are outside with everyone else by the dragon bus. Soon enough, Luz and Crystal show up and greet them.

Luz: Happy game day, fellow, uh... Are we Hexidians? Hexies? *Gasps* Hexoleos?

Willow: Actually, most people call us... winners.

Gus: Grudgby games are the best. The players go through these action-packed trials. And the audience gets to wave flags. Look, I practiced. *shows off his flag waving*

Luz: *Looks at her hoodie* Is it weird that I'm not wearing anything Hexside?

Crystal: Shouldn't be. I'm not wearing any either.

Willow: *to Luz* Um, it's weirder that you're wearing Glandus colors.

Student: Get ready to be creamed, Glandus nerd.

Crystal frowns at what they said to Luz and subtly uses her magic to trip the student with a nearby vine.

Luz: Hey! I'm a Hexside nerd. Gotta change out of this shirt. Where can I get a Hexside one?

Gus: I know. There's a lost and found box in the cafeteria.

Luz: Ah! The lost and found. Where mouth guards go to retire. *runs inside*

Leon: What are mouth guards?

Gus: Beats me.

Crystal notices a pendant around Leon's neck. It was a silver heart with the illusion and potion coven symbols crossed with the engraving "L & E" above it. Crystal decided to point it out.

Crystal: Hey Leon, where'd you get that pendant?

Leon: *looks at his pendant* Oh, this? It was a gift from Emira.

Leon opens the pendant to reveal two pictures. The first is of Emira leaning on Leon's shoulder with the two smiling and hugging. And the second shows just Emira smiling while making a heart shape with her hands.

Leon: She gave it to me on one of our dates. She's got one to with a picture of me.

Willow: Aww, you two look so adorable.

Crystal: I couldn't agree more.

Leon: Thanks, I'm lucky to have her by my side. *closes the pendant*

Gus: Um guys!

Gus points out the dragon bus taking off. Luz suddenly arrives in Hexside gear.

Luz: Goooo, Hexside! *does a split and winces as a crack is heard* Well, I never did that before. Uh, where is everyone?

Leon: Yeah, about that. *points to the dragon bus*

Luz: Oh, no! Come back! Why didn't you guys board the bus?