Chapter 7: Trouble at Hexside

Somewhere in the woods, we see Leon who was in a meditation stance with his eyes closed. He seemed to be waiting for something. Suddenly, his eyes shoot open and he quickly jumps out of the way of some rocks launching at him. Leon jumped into a serious of jumps and flips, avoiding any and all projectiles that were being thrown at him. When he's finished, Leon grins and looks to one direction.

Leon: So, how did I do?

Vitimir drops from a tree and approaches with a smile.

Vitimir: You did great. You're certainly getting better.

Leon: Well it's all thanks to you. You're a great mentor, sir.

Vitimir: *chuckles* Please, we're well past the mentor and student bond. Just call me Vitimir, young scout.

Leon: Oh right, Vitimir. You're a great mentor, Vitimir.

Vitimir: *smiles* Thank you, scout.

Leon hears a beeping and checks his watch (that was a gift from Eda), and notices the time. Vitimir notices the potion sign on the watch and was curious.

Vitimir: Where did you get that watch from?

Leon: Oh, it was a gift from Eda. Apparently one of her products are watches with the coven signs. I believe Luz said the term for something like this was a "bootleg"?

Vitimir: Bootleg? But it's not even a leg or a boot.

Leon: I don't get it either. But, point is that school is about to start, so I better get going.

Vitimir: I'll see you later.

Leon: See ya, Vitimir.

Leon grabs his satchel and quickly makes his way to Hexside. On his way there, he hears an argument and decides to check it out. He comes across the Owl House and see's Crystal and Eda talking about something.

Crystal: Seriously, mom. Why can't you just let us go to Hexside?

Eda: Sweetie, we've been through this already. Hexside chews up anything unique and spits out bland mush.

Hooty: I chew insects. I turn them into mush.

Crystal: Mom, you've told aunt Lilith about how great the two of us are as your students. How good would that look if she saw that her own niece and her bestie aren't so tough?

Eda: Hmm, you do have a point. But that's my beef. Do you two need to draw your own conclusions?

Hooty: My beef is insects. They're what I eat.

Crystal: You're just gonna be unhelpful, huh Hooty?

Hooty: All I know is, your mother taught me and I turned out just fine.

Hooty sticks out his tongue in an attempt to get the fly walking next to his head, making a gagging sound.

Eda: *watches with concern* I gotta get you girls into school.

Crystal: *concerned* How have I not ended up like Hooty yet?

Eda: Don't worry, you won't. . . Maybe. *smirks*

Crystal: MOM!!!

Eda laughs while Crystal playfully punches her arm.

Crystal: So, it's settled then?

Eda: Yeah, I don't care how long it takes, I will convince Bump to let you two into Hexside.

Leon: *steps out from his hiding spot* Well, it shouldn't be hard convincing him to let Crystal in. She already made a good first impression on him. Plus, she also wasn't banned. It's convincing him to let in Luz that will be the problem.