Chapter 9: Family Bonds

In the hideout, we see Leon finishing up his latest brew and bottling them up. Leon places the potions on a nearby holder.

Leon takes a step back to admire his work, when his eyes are suddenly covered by someone

???: Guess who?

Leon: *smirks* Hmm, charming and lovely voice with a hint of confidence and arrogance. I'm gonna say that it's my lovely Prankster, Emira.

Emira: *giggles* You know me so well.

The two laugh while Emira uncovers his eyes and wraps her arms around his waist and leans on his back. Leon reaches around and cups her cheek as the two smile. The two suddenly hear someone at the door and look to see Luz.

Luz: Aww, you two are so adorable.

Leon: Thanks Luz.

Emira: *lets go of Leon* So, how do you like the hideout?

Luz: This is amazing! Never in my life did I think I'd be in a hideout with friends. It's like that movie with the group of friends sitting on furniture in the middle of a grassy field.

Leon: *confused* Why would they do that?

Luz: I don't know, didn't make much sense to me either. But that's what makes it so fun. I especially love the tree in the middle of this place. Was that always there?

Emira: We don't think so.

Leon: My theory is that it grew in overtime or that a plant coven witch must have had an accident, or was in a fight, or-

Emira: *covers his mouth* Babe, let's not worry about that.

Leon: *chuckles* Alright. By the way, where's Crystal?

Luz: She and Eda went out to do something. Eda said not to ask questions so I don't know what they're doing.

Leon: I see. Well I hope they're doing alright.

Luz: I'm sure they're fine. Anyway, you said you wanted to talk to us about something?

Emira: Oh right, you did say that.

Leon: Meet me in the living room with everyone else and I'll tell you.

With that, they all head to the living room to meet with everyone else. Meanwhile with Crystal and Eda, they were wandering the forest looking for something. Crystal steps out of a bush, staying aware of her surroundings while Eda steps out while looking at a map. Eda approaches a statue and rips the vines off.

Eda: Okay, from the Minitaur, we head due north, and with luck, we'll get to the Bloom of Eternal Youth before Lilith! *laughs, snorts* Who's frail now, emperor dorks?

Crystal: Mom, you still never told me what this flower does. Also, how have I not heard about this flower?

Eda: According to the merchant, it blooms once a millennia and grants youth to the wielder.