Chapter 17

My eyes flutter open at the small twin-sized bed and a simple white blanket and pink sheets. The pillow seemed soggy, I wonder if while I slept if I was sweating or breaking a fever. In my room, there was a table with two chairs, an open shower, and a toilet.

There were three doors, one closest to the bed the other facing the table, and the other next to the 'bathroom' part of the room. The room had white walls and concert flooring, 'Good morning while you were asleep, we have chipped you, your body was then looked over and you are now a part of an experiment. We also believe you can call yourself a prisoner of war.'

The overhead voice seemed like they didn't know what they were doing. I sigh before the door opens and a nurse, walks in her features weren't like the ones I've seen before. Her hair was short and she seemed larger than the normal women from my country. "I'm Nurse Leona and today I have to inject pink 0081." The grimace on my face said it all.

All she did was laugh, "I remember when I took the pink injection for the first time. My pride was so excited it was my entrance into womanhood." Leona took my arm and injected it, "Yep, now I have eight cubs and I birthed five of them." I stay quiet, Leona continues to chatter until she bandages me up, "Well, as long as you follow all the rules and your mate, they pick for you follows the rules, you'll have an easy life and maybe a better room."

I feel the tears well up, "I just want to go home, I want my mom and daddy. I want my boyfriend. Why am I here?" the tears just continue to fall. Leona turned from nurse to momma. "Oh, oh honey don't cry I know it's scary and I'm sorry that the countries are at war and there is nothing you can do about it, but I promise every day I'll be here to help you except on weekends."

I sob harder as I feel Leona bring me into a hug. "Little pup I am sorry, I wish there was something I could do I'll talk with my pride and see if we can overturn the vote in parliament. My pride members are a part of the parliament." I look up feeling some kind of hope. "My husband is in parliament he and his father the males of our pride, they'll be able to take some money out of this useless war."

Wait a minute, pride? I'm in Fauna! Leona strokes my hair, "My pride is very powerful I will make sure we can make your life better." The door opens again as a doctor I have never met walks in he is large! "Hello, I'm Dr. Indie and while you are here, I'll be your doctor until you can leave."

I scowl, Leona smiles, "Oh be thankful this man here is the best in his field. This man has studied overseas in Domestica so that he could be certified in the autonomy of female wolves like yourself." He blushes, "Leona, please I can't take any credit for that. It was all thanks to my sponsor overseas and your pride." I look at him and with his long nose and larger ears, I conclude he is an elephant.

Watching them talk is boring, seeing the door cracked open is a sign to go. I crawl off the bed and slink over to the door but when I opened the door, I find a love hotel-type room.

"Would you like me to examine you in this room?" I jump finding Dr. Indie and Leona in here. I look back at them wide-eyed. "Well; where would you like your examination done?" I scurry back into my room where he begins giving me an exam in my friend down under.

After the invasive body exam, they left and gave me some food. "Your mate will be released after your breakfast is eaten," Leona said as they both walk out of the room and exit through the love hotel-type room. I pick at the food until at least 50% of it is eaten when I hear a door slide open. A very nasally boy was shoved in, the boy stood awkwardly at the entrance of my room before his ears flatten and he walks away. A few minutes later he yells out, "I can mate with a female alpha I know you guys believe that males are always stronger, but in our dynamics female alphas marry alphas."