the dare

Sonic and his two best friends have just taken down Eggman and his latest robot which was now a pile of metal scrap on the green field, just outside of station square.

the three pat themselves on the back for their great job and then saw a couple of silver trucks, stopping in front of them with Rouge stepping out with GUN soldiers behind her.

rouge: okay boys. let's get this cleaned up quickly before Eggman comes back to collect his broken toy

the soldiers salute the white bat and went towards the scrap metal, picking them up and placing them in the trucks with Shadow then stepped out from the truck and look at the four with the normal grumpy expression he wore every day and walk off to the distance where the rest of the other parts of the robot was.

rouge: thanks you guys for defeating Eggman again. we will take it from here and clean this mess up alright.

sonic: no problem, it's our job to protect station square and everyone in it after all

tails and knuckles nudge sonic and got him to look at the both of them and saw a mischievous look on their face's then challenge sonic to do what they discussed earlier that morning.

tails: go on sonic, now's your chance

knuckles: yeah, or are you going to chicken out

sonic: you do realize that guy might kill me if I do it!

sonic said with a worried expression as he pointed where shadow was, but knuckles scoffed as at the blue teen. thinking of any excuse's to get out of this dare but the two stood their ground and won't let sonic get out of it.

knuckles: he won't kill you sonic....well probably he won't, but that's beside the point. you dared us to do worser things and we did it, so suck it up and do it

knuckles shoved the teen to shadows direction with sonic turning his head to give the both of them a glare before turning facing forward. he took a deep breath in and walk to where shadow was while turning on his communicator for the two to hear what was about to go down.

meanwhile while sonic walking up to shadow, knuckles waved at rouge to come over and explain the dare they gave sonic, just to embarrass the teen more after he goes though with it.

rouge: I really can't wait to tell the rest of the girls about this, including Amy

tails: yeah, but me and knuckles probably should avoid her for awhile till this blows over

knuckles: that's if we let it blow over. 20 bucks that shadow put him in the hospital

tails: I'll put 20 in for punching him in the face 

rouge: I guess I'll get in this too, 20 for shadow use chaos blast and throw him in the air with it

by the time the three made their bet sonic was only a few feet away from the ebony hedgehog and called his name to get his attention, turning around he saw sonic standing there showing signs in his body language that he was tense with blushing cheeks and the tip of his ears.

shadow ignored the new look that he saw on the teen as he crossed his arms with no change in his expression while sonic step closer

shadow: what do you want faker, I haven't got time for a race or a sparing match today

sonic: that's not what I wanted to ask you shadow.....it's something else

shadow: well then, what so important that you need to talk to me about?

sonic was so nervous, the words he had to say got stuck in his throat with the teen desperately wanting to let them out as he saw shadow was getting annoyed for waiting for a response from him. 

shadow: I'm warning you faker, I'm not in the mood for your childish games, so tell me what it is before I hit you

shadow wasn't lying when he warn the teen as he closed the gap between the two of them with his fist up in the air ready to make a hit in the face with sonic being able to save himself in time by shouting what he needed to say

sonic: I LIKE YOU SHADOW, PLEASE GO OUT WITH ME!

shadow froze, looking stunned for a second before dropping his fist to his side and asked sonic to repeat what he said. sonic being able to calmly said it again without having trouble to getting it out.

sonic: umm...okay, I like you shadow so, can you please go out with me

sonic just wanted to crawl in a dark hole as he imagen his two friend having a good laugh at his suspense as he then closed his eyes and waited for a fist to the face or a chaos spear but didn't expect shadow to calmly speak with an usual tone.

shadow: alright faker, I'll pick you up at 6 tonight

sonic opened his eye to see shadow with no change of expression as he nervously asked shadow if he was joking with him but sadly for him, shadow wasn't joking at all

shadow: I don't joke around faker, and I don't do cheap dates so put a suit on

sonic was speechless with the only thing he could do was nod as a response. shadow then leaned towards his face, lifting his chin with one finger and gave him a peak on the lips before walking away, saying he will see him tonight.

sonic was so flabbergasted about the whole thing that he didn't even think of his friends at this point but instead, he was thinking on how he was going to get out of this mess.