TWO

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙤 :
OFF AGAIN

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     THOUGH ANYONE WOULD advise you not to build your entire marriage on lies, Freya never did listen well to others

After meeting a man who charmed her beyond wit, she had to pursue him. The only problem was that she was undercover when she met him. To keep his trust in her, she had to keep it up. Four years later, she found herself unable to break from the act.

Freya wasn't exactly sure how she became a private contractor. An assassin, a person who would snatch and sneak around. All she knew was that no one in her life would learn about her job unless she was forced to tell them. And so far, that was no one besides her and her handler, even her husband.

     Even if he was a contractor himself.

     She often felt guilty about how open he was about his occupation versus how closed off she was despite their relationship, but they had gotten too far into it for her to suddenly drop the bomb. Now she was sure that the last thing she ever did would be tell him that she was an assassin, a famed one at that.

     Even now that she was getting home from a job that had taken a week to finish, he wouldn't question it. Her guilt was extreme. An assassin not second-guessing his wife no matter how suspicious her lies were. She would say that she was going on a business trip and that she got a new job as a corporate woman, and he believed her.

     Freya parked the motorcycle outside of their home. Once the engine was turned off, she climbed off of it, pulling off her helmet and holding it against her side as her phone began to ring. She answered the call and placed the device against her ear, "Hello?"

"Hello, Sparrow." Her handler's lower-pitched voice came through the phone, making Freya take in a deep breath. "How would you like to go to work again?"

"Will this take long? I'm hungry." Freya blurted, looking down at her watch. Her husband had gotten it for her as a third-date gift. Even though it was early on in their relationship he'd hardly seen her without it since that day. It was almost like the ring around her ring finger, a gift of promise.

"Your food can wait." Her handler seemed confident in such.

Freya recognized the tone and asked, "How much?"

"Ten million."

Taken aback by the large number, Freya paused for a few seconds. Once the initial shock had passed, Freya said, "Please, continue."