FOUR

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧 :
NOT THE BRIGHTEST

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     HER HUSBAND'S RINGTONE was different from her others, a sign for her to always pick up

     HER HUSBAND'S RINGTONE was different from her others, a sign for her to always pick up. The sound of her phone ringing echoed through the empty car, and it was ultimately what woke her up. It stopped ringing before she gained consciousness.

Once she opened her eyes, she immediately closed them. Her head hurt like a bitch. She scowled as she scanned the room for her target, but Ladybug was nowhere to be seen. She pushed up, climbing to her feet.

Where did he go? She wanted nothing more than to find the man, finish him, and travel home so that she could rest.

She began to walk down the car; she kept her head low. Ladybug wasn't in there. In the area between the cars, a man was wearing a dark blue suit aggressively checking the luggage cabinet, but she walked around him into the next cabin.

     Suddenly, her phone began to ring again. Freya pulled her phone out and raised her eyebrows at the notification that popped up along with a blurry photo of Tangerine's back on one of their dates. She wanted her husband to be her wallpaper but couldn't risk his identity being figured out. There was a missed call from her husband.

     Freya looked down and huffed. Fuck me... She always picked the phone up on her business trips, it would look suspicious if she didn't. With a quick breath to calm her pounding heart, she picked the phone up, "Hello?"

     "Hi." Her husband's voice flooded her ears, "How are you?"

     "Uh..." She cleared her throat, a nervous tick, "Busy. Actually."

    "Doing what?"

     "Walking." Freya sniffed, picking up her speed, "I'm walking around the block."

Tangerine let out a huff-like laugh, "Are you now?"

     "Yup." She answered quickly, keeping her voice calm.

He thought for a few seconds before blurting, "Then why did Lemon see you earlier, and now I see someone who looks just like you, talking on the phone."

Freya's steps faltered but she didn't dare turn around. Not when she could hear the quick steps behind her, "I have a very common face."