EIGHT

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 :
FREE FALLING

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     AS THEY PASSED the bar, Tangerine ushered Lemon forward, "Get a look at the controls mate

AS THEY PASSED the bar, Tangerine ushered Lemon forward, "Get a look at the controls mate."

Lemon moved forward but questioned, "What are you doing?"

Instead of answering, Tangerine turned to Freya, "Care to make me a drink, love?" Even if she wasn't truly a bartender, she still knew how to make killer drinks. Realizing that Tangerine had stopped to flirt, Lemon rolled his eyes before making his way down the cars.

     A soft smile danced across Freya's face as she nodded, moving to the bar and stepping behind it. "What do you want?"

"A whiskey," Tangerine said, watching as Freya grabbed the bottle and then a glass.

"Ice?" She questioned, knowing the answer.

     Tangerine's lips tilted up, his mustache bending with it, "Nah."

Freya laughed at him, "You're still strange for that."

     The man couldn't stop but let the smile take over his entire face, shaking his head as he took the glass into his hand. He took a sip, looking up to his wife. He then looked at her wedding ring which stayed on her finger. Even though she was on a job, she still kept the reminder. His heart felt like it was pounding from how nervous he was. He couldn't bear to lose her or Lemon, but their chances weren't looking good.

     Freya cleared her throat, tapping her finger on the counter as she met her husband's eye, "If anything happens—"

     "Shut up." Tangerine cut her off quickly, knowing where she was going with it. He didn't want to ponder the possibility of either her or Lemon passing.

    "I mean—"

     Tangerine shook his head, "No, really, don't talk about that." The door to their side opened and Lemon entered, but neither turned away from the other, "I'm getting you off this fucking train."

    Freya's eyes softened at her husband's words, "You say that, but I'm not leaving without you."

     Lemon's scoff brought the couple's attention to him. He was standing in the corner of the room, his arms crossed with a raised eyebrow, "I'll just go fuck myself then."