Trouble in paradise

Kaveh stumbles into the tavern. Cyno and Tighnari eye the blonde headed boy as he walks over to the table they are sat at, and slumps down into a chair.

"You look more stressed then usual. What's got you worked up?" Tighnari ask bringing the mug of coffee up to his lips.

"Stupid Alhathiam! He woke me up last night, and I couldn't fall back asleep! On top of all that he keeps taking my things and moving them around." Kaveh whines placing his head in his hands.

"You really think Alhathiam is taking your things? Why would he do that he's rich enough to buy his own, so what purpose would there be in taking yours?" Tighnari finishes his drink and places his empty cup back on the table.

"He could be pulling a prank on you."  Cyno adds with a grin. Tighnari sighs and cuts his eyes at the tan boy.

"I don't think that he's the type.." Tighnari says in a exhausted tone. Clearly done with Cyno's jokes.

Kaveh groans and rubs his temple with his hand. He thinks for a moment before a light bulb goes off in his mind.

"That actually makes perfect sense!" Kaveh shoots up from his hunched down position. Tighnari and Cyno looks over in confusion.

"Not you too." Tighnari grumbles, he reaches across the table and grabs Cyno's drink. He takes a swig and hands the cup back to the, now very confused boy. "Sorry mine was empty." He says placing a peck on his cheek.

"Oh, ok." A smile creeps it's way onto Cyno's lips, pulling at the corners of his mouth.

"Guys! Look you're a cute couple we get it. But right now I need help!" Kaveh interrupts the two.

The two boys look back at him and nod their heads and apologize.

"Right sorry, but how would you even be able to prove he's moving your things around? Which I highly doubt he is." Tighnari says leaning back in his chair and crossing his arms.

"That's the hard part. If I just accuse him with no evidence he will laugh in my face. I have to catch him in the act!" Kaveh smacks his fist in a ball into his palm. Clearly determined to get back at his roommate.

"Why don't you stay up late one night and wait for when he comes home." Cyno suggest taking a sip of his drink. "Like hide in the kitchen with the lights off. He comes home late right? He leaves early so that would be the only time for him to have time to move things around."

Kaveh listens to the idea and nods his head. Tighnari looks at the two and looks back at his empty mug. He raises his hand and motions for another drink.

"That could work.. Cyno you're a genius!" Kaveh smacks his hands down on the table. Ready to act on his plan, he pushes out of his chair and bolts for the door. Leaving the two boys alone once more.

"He does realize that it's still 5pm right?" Cyno ask looking at Tighnari.

"Don't know, don't care." He says grabbing a drink off a tray of a bar helper and throwing it back. Cyno watches in awe, letting out a little chuckle.

                               ——• • •——

Kaveh arrived home and plans how he'll catch his roommate in the act of stealing from him. He looks around and tries to brainstorm ways to lure him into the trap. He spots his hair clip and he walks over to it and places it on the coffee room table.

He then walked to the kitchen cabinet and grabs our a bottle of wine. He pulls open a drawer and grabs out a corkscrew. Kaveh stabs the corkscrew into the cork and plucks it out of the glass bottle. He sets it down on the counter and walks over to the other side of the kitchen and grabs out a wine glass and places the corkscrew with the cork still attached on the counter. Kaveh grabs the bottle and pours it into the glass.

Waiting for Alhathiam took longer then he had expected. After a while he ditched the glass and started nursing the bottle. He felt the heaviness of his eye lids and didn't know how much longer he would be able to stay awake.

Letting out a long yawn Kaveh stretched out his arms. His long blonde unkept hair falling in front of his face. He arched his back and heard the loud popping. He never had the best posture and this was the consequence of it.

Trying his best to fight off the sleep Kaveh took another sip from the bottle. He walked over to the kitchen table and sat down. He slumped forward letting his body lean on the table, he placed the bottle down on the table. The cold smooth surface of the sanded down wood felt good against Kaveh cheek. His eye lids fluttered open and shut a couple of times. Before they eventually stayed shut as he slowly drifted off to sleep.

                                ——• • •——

Alhathiam unlocked the door and swung it open. Trying his best to be quiet, to not disturb his roommate. He closed the door behind him and turned the lock back.

Walking into the kitchen he sees his drunk roommate passed out on the table. His long flowing blonde hair draped across the table. His hand still grasped on to the wine bottle. Alhathiam let's out a sigh.

He places his book down on the kitchen table and grabs the wine bottle from Kaveh's hand and places it back down a couple inches away, out of Kavehs grasp. He then gently picks up Kaveh surprised at how light he is. He walks over to the door to Kavehs bedroom and turns open the handle.

Light spills into the room as Alhathiam walks over to the bed and pushed back the covers, gently placing the smaller boy down on the bed and covering him with the covers. He sits on the edge of the bed for a minute and just admires him. A slight smile at the corners of his lips. He gently brushed Kaveh's long hair out of his face. Alhathiam stands up and walks over to him looking down at him for a moment. He bends down and gently places a kiss on his forehead. Before turning around and walking out of the room. Closing the door behind him.